These Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are crispy, savoury, and make the perfect simple side dish or snack! Made with a simple and delicious panko Parmesan crust! Ready in 15 minutes or less!
Table of contents
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
If you’ve been a reader of The Busy Baker for awhile now you’ll know how much we love putting a healthy spin on snacks and treats. These Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are our latest favourite savoury snack – we especially love them dipped in our homemade ranch dressing!
Why make zucchini fries in the air fryer?
The air fryer is the perfect kitchen appliance to make foods crispy without all that added oil needed for frying. It helps you achieve that oven-crisp or deep-fried texture in a fraction of the time with next to no added fat. To be honest, it’s a kitchen appliance we would have a hard time living without!
Zucchini contains a high water content so it can be difficult to create crisp zucchini fries in the oven. The air fryer is the perfect choice for zucchini fries because it dehydrates the zucchini just the right amount and keeps the simple batter crispy.
Kitchen items you’ll need to make this recipe
You’ll definitely need an Air Fryer to make these Air Fryer Zucchini Fries! We’d recommend any of these air fryers if you don’t already have one (affiliate links):
- A great Air Fryer for space-saving (2 quart capacity)
- The perfect Air Fryer for large families with a dual basket feature
- A standard Air Fryer for everyday use (works well for a family of 2 to 4 people)
- A large Air Fryer for everyday use (works well for a family of 2 to 4 people)
To make this recipe you’ll also need (affiliate links):
Ingredients for Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
To make this recipe you’ll need:
- all purpose flour
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
- panko breadcrumbs
- grated Parmesan cheese
TRY OUR MEAL PLANS!
Let us do the work for you with 7 days of deliciously easy family dinners, grocery lists, meal prep guides and MORE!
Buy 2, save 20%!
Buy 3, save 30%!
Buy 4 or more, save 40%!
How to Make Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Time needed: 25 minutes
- Slice the zucchini into thin fries.
Each piece should be about 3 inches long and 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide.
- Coat the zucchini fries in flour first.
Add the zucchini pieces to the bowl with the flour and toss to coat.
- Dip in the egg, then in the breadcrumb mixture.
Coat the fries well in egg and then dredge them in the breadcrumb mixture until well coated all over.
- Air fry in a single layer.
Be careful not to overcrowd the zucchini fries in the air fryer. Be sure to air fry them in a single layer with space between them. You may have to air fry in batches.
- Flip them after 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes of air frying, flip the fries and continue cooking for about 5 more minutes.
- Serve with ranch.
Ranch dressing makes a delicious dip for these zucchini fries.
How to air fry zucchini
The best way to air fry zucchini is by dredging it in a crispy coating made from flour, panko breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese.
How long to air fry zucchini
It’s best to air fry crispy zucchini for about 12-15 minutes. Be sure to check and flip the zucchini fries after 8-10 minutes of cooking.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
We don’t recommend this, since it’s best enjoyed right out of the air fryer. If you want to make this recipe ahead and re-heat it, we suggest reheating in the air fryer for 2-4 minutes.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
We’ve never tried this, but if you have gluten free flour and gluten free breadcrumbs you like to use, feel free to substitute.
We hope you love these zucchini fries as much as we do! Let us know in the comments below, what’s your favourite air fryer recipe? I’d love to know!
HEALTHY WHOLE FOOD RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- Wash and dry the zucchini. Make 3-inch-long, 1/2- 3/4 inch wide matchstick-like pieces out of the zucchini. Place them on paper towels while you prepare everything else.
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 400 degrees Farenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- To a shallow bowl add the flour and salt. In another shallow bowl whisk your eggs well with the garlic and paprika(if using). On another plate, mix the panko, parmesan and garlic powder.
- Add the zucchini fries to the bowl with the flour and make sure they are evenly covered in flour by tossing them well.
- Dredge the zucchini fries in the egg and then in the panko parmesan mixture.
- Spray oil your Air Fryer basket/ tray and place the zucchini fries in a single layer so they don't overlap.
- Lower the temperature of your preheated Air Fryer to 375 degrees Farenheit (190 degrees Celsius) and cook for 15 minutes, flipping once after 10 minutes.
- If you didn't have space for the whole batch in your air fryer, air fry the second half.
- Serve these Air Fryer Zucchini Fries hot with our Homemade Ranch Dressing for dipping.
Reheating instructions:Reheat in the Air Fryer for about 3-4 minutes or until warmed through.
Storage instructions:These zucchini fries are best enjoyed right after they come out of the Air Fryer, but feel free to store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat in the Air Fryer before serving.
Freezing instructions:Freeze in a well sealed freezer bag or freezer-safe airtight container for up to 3 months. Reheat in the air fryer for about 10 minutes from frozen or until warmed through, shaking the basket/tray halfway through to toss the wedges.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.