This Homemade Ranch Dressing is ultra creamy, tangy and packed with delicious herbs! It makes the perfect addition to any garden salad and it’s so easy to make!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
There’s nothing quite like a delicious salad topped with creamy, tangy Homemade Ranch Dressing – this homemade salad dressing recipe is SO perfectly delicious, it’s packed with fresh herbs, and it’s easy to make in a mason jar! Follow my pro tips for the most flavourful and creamy Ranch Dressing ever!!
Ingredients for Homemade Ranch Dressing
To make this ranch dressing recipe you’ll need:
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Parsley
- Fresh Dill
- Fresh Chives
- Fresh Basil
- Onion Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Homemade Ranch Dressing
Making Homemade Ranch Dressing is SO easy!
- Start with fresh herbs. Making homemade Ranch Dressing with fresh herbs makes all the difference! Hit up your farmer’s market, or look for fresh basil, dill, parsley and chives at your local grocery store.
- Muddle the herbs and salt to release the natural flavours. Mixing the chopped herbs, garlic, salt and pepper first allows the herbs to release their natural oils, causing your homemade ranch dressing to be SO much more flavourful!
- Use high quality dairy. Choose a high-fat, high-quality sour cream, high-quality mayonnaise and your favourite buttermilk for the ultimate creaminess and tang!
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Letting the flavours meld is essential, so store your homemade ranch in a container or mason jar for at least one hour in the fridge before serving on your favourite salads!
How to store salad dressing
Mason jars are a great kitchen tool to have on hand for things like this homemade ranch dressing recipe.
They’re airtight, so you don’t have to worry about spills, they’re dishwasher safe and easy to clean, and they’re great for more than just salad dressings.
Aside from mason jars, one of my absolute FAVOURITE kitchen tools is this OXO Good Grips Salad Dressing Shaker (affiliate link).
I make homemade salad dressing all the time because the bottled stuff isn’t available where I live. Plus, I also like being able to control the amount of fat and sugar I’m pouring over my salads. This salad dressing shaker is PERFECT for making homemade salad dressings in a flash!!
It allows you to measure ingredients right into the shaker (with the handy measurements on the side), it forms an airtight seal to keep the salad dressing fresh (and it’s good for shaking too!), and it pours beautifully thanks to the spout. It fits nicely in the fridge, and it’s seriously one of my favourite kitchen items ever!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this homemade ranch dressing recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to enjoy homemade ranch? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more delicious salad recipes? You’ll love these!!
- Berry Walnut Spinach Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Bacon Dressing
- Quick and Easy Greek Pasta Salad
- Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Grapefruit and Arugula Salad
- Best Ever Creamy Italian Salad Dressing
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream (full fat works best!)
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- Add the fresh chopped parsley, dill, chives, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic and onion powder to a bowl and use a spoon to muddle the fresh herbs together with the salt and other ingredients This will help the herbs to release their natural oils and flavours.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream and buttermilk and whisk together well until combined. You can also add the muddled herb mixture to a mason jar and add the mayo, sour cream and buttermilk to the jar and shake to combine.
- Store in a mason jar or airtight container for about one hour in the fridge before serving on all your favourite salads!