These Air Fryer Potato Wedges are the perfect easy-to-make side dish – crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, perfectly seasoned, and ready in 20 minutes!
Table of contents
Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe
If you’ve been a reader of The Busy Baker for awhile now you’ll already know that we’re big fans of the humble potato. Whether you bake them (like these AMAZING Air Fryer Baked Potatoes), mash them (like these ultra creamy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes), or enjoy them any other way, they’re just so delicious and we can’t get enough!
We’ve shared so many of our favourite potato recipes with you before, like these Crispy Salt and Vinegar Potato Wedges, these Air Fryer Baked Potatoes, these Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Parmesan, and these Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
These Air Fryer Potato Wedges are our new favourite way to enjoy potatoes and this recipe is on repeat in The Busy Baker kitchen these days!
What to serve with potato wedges
If you’re wondering what to serve with these Air Fryer Potato Wedges, we’d suggest enjoying them alongside our Easy Juicy Homemade Burgers or our Greek-Style Turkey Burgers, and dipping them in your favourite ketchup, or this Best Ever Homemade Burger Sauce!
How to Cut Potato Wedges
Slicing potatoes for wedges can be kind of tricky. Follow these tips for perfectly cut wedges every time:
- Choose Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes that are approximately 4 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide.
- Choose potatoes that are oval in shape and slightly flat when you turn them on their side.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise when on its thinnest side.
- Place both halves cut side-down on your cutting board and cut each in half lengthwise again.
- Slice each quarter into 2 or 3 wedges, depending on the size of the potato.
- When slicing a potato into wedges, be sure your wedges aren’t more than half an inch wide. This is make sure the exterior becomes crispy.
- Slice your potato wedges right before cooking and toss them in the seasonings right after slicing. This will prevent them from oxidizing and becoming brown and discoloured.
TRY OUR MEAL PLANS!
Let us do the work for you with 7 days of deliciously easy family dinners, grocery lists, meal prep guides and MORE!
Buy 2, save 20%!
Buy 3, save 30%!
Buy 4 or more, save 40%!
Kitchen Items Needed for this Recipe
Making potato wedges in the air fryer is the BEST way to get that crispy exterior without all the added oil. We love our air fryer, and to be honest we’d have a hard time living without it! Here are a few of our favourites (affiliate links):
- A great Air Fryer for space-saving (2 quart capacity)
- The perfect Air Fryer for large families with a dual basket feature
- A standard Air Fryer for everyday use (works well for a family of 2 to 4 people)
- A large Air Fryer for everyday use (works well for a family of 2 to 4 people)
To make this recipe you’ll also need (affiliate links):
Ingredients for Air Fryer Potato Wedges
To make this recipe in the air fryer you’ll need these ingredients:
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper (optional)
How to Make Potato Wedges in the Air Fryer
Time needed: 20 minutes
Follow these tips for the best wedges you’ll ever eat!
- Wash and Dry the potatoes well.
Start with dry potatoes for the crispiest wedges – we recommend washing and drying the potatoes an hour or more ahead of air frying, if possible.
- Choose the right potatoes.
The best potatoes for wedges are Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes because of their high starch content and thin skin.
- Leave the skins on.
Leaving the skin on your potatoes when making wedges gives them an extra crispy exterior.
- Slice into 1/2 inch wedges.
The thinner the wedges the crispier they’ll be. Any wider than 1/2 inch and they’ll steam rather than become crispy.
- Toss in the seasonings immediately.
Toss in the oil and seasonings right after slicing to prevent the potatoes from oxidizing and becoming discoloured.
- Air fry in a single layer.
Cooking in a single layer prevents them from steaming and becoming soggy. For crispy wedges, air fry in a single layer.
- Toss halfway through air frying.
To make sure become the wedges become crispy on all sides, toss them in the basket of the air fryer about halfway through cooking.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy with your favourite ketchup or other dipping sauce hot out of the air fryer for best results.
How to reheat leftover potato wedges
We suggest reheating any leftovers in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes to help them become crispy again before enjoying.
Can I add different seasonings to this recipe?
Sure! Experiment with dried herbs like oregano or basil, chili powder, onion powder or others.
How long to air fry potato wedges
Potato wedges take about 13-15 minutes in the air fryer, and we recommend air frying them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or 200 degrees Celsius) and tossing them once about halfway through air frying.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Let us know in the comment below, what’s your favourite air fryer recipe? We’d love to know!
Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe Video
Watch the video below to see exactly how we make this recipe. You can find many more deliciously simple recipe videos on our YouTube channel!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or 200 degrees Celsius) while you get everything else ready.
- Wash your potatoes thoroughly and dry them well with paper towels. We suggest doing this in advance so the potatoes are very dry (this will help them become crispy).
- To create the wedges, slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut them into quarters by placing the cut side on the cutting board and cutting each half in half again, lengthwise.
- Next, position each potato quarter with the cut side up and cut again through the middle once (or twice, depending on how large the potatoes are). You should end up with 32 wedges that are approximately 1 1/2 inch wide.
- In a bowl, add the oil over the wedges and shake well to coat the wedges all over with the oil.
- Add the spices and shake well again.
- Place the wedges in a single layer in the Air Fryer and Air Fry for 15 minutes shaking the basket/tray once about halfway through cooking to toss the wedges.
- If your Air Fryer is on the smaller side, you may have to air fry the wedges in batches to make sure you can air fry them in a single layer (in a standard-sized basket Air Fryer you should only have to cook them in two batches).
- Serve hot with ketchup or your favourite dipping sauce.
Reheating instructions:Reheat in the air fryer for about 3-4 minutes or until warmed through.
Storage instructions:These potato wedges are best enjoyed right after they come out of the Air Fryer, but feel free to store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat in the Air Fryer before serving.
Freezing instructions:Freeze in a well sealed freezer bag or freezer-safe airtight container for up to 3 months. Reheat in the air fryer for about 10 minutes from frozen or until warmed through, shaking the basket/tray halfway through to toss the wedges.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.