These Crispy Salt and Vinegar Potato Wedges are homemade potato wedges baked to crispy perfection with flaky sea salt and vinegar!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you but Salt and Vinegar is a flavour we LOVE!! I grew up enjoying Old Dutch Salt and Vinegar Chips every weekend while watching Hockey Night in Canada with my dad and brothers, and the same salt and vinegar chips got me through two pregnancies (thanks to morning sickness!)!! I don’t know if it’s a Canadian thing but my grandma always enjoyed a bit of vinegar drizzled over her french fries, and these Crispy Salt and Vinegar Potato Wedges are one of my favourite comfort foods for that exact reason!
If you’re a salt and vinegar lover, you’re really going to LOVE these Crispy Salt and Vinegar Potato Wedges. They’re roasted to crispy perfection in the oven with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and a drizzle of vinegar, and they are absolutely divine. We enjoy these for an easy dinner once and awhile, or even as a side dish to go with our favourite burgers or my classic pulled pork sandwiches.
How to Make Crispy Potato Wedges
- Keep the skins on! Keeping the skins on the potatoes helps them crisp up because the skins are naturally drier than the inside of the potato. And who doesn’t love crispy skin!?!?
- Wash AND Dry the potatoes! Make sure you pat the potatoes dry before tossing them in the oil and spices. This will help them stay nice and fluffy on the inside and soft on the inside.
- Use oil. Using a neutrally flavoured oil with a high smoke point (like a vegetable oil…not olive oil) for potato wedges is best.
- Roast at a high heat. Keep the heat high (think 425 degrees of higher) and you’ll get wedges with a nice crispy outside.
- Enjoy immediately. If you’ve ever had leftover fries you’ll know any potatoes don’t stay crispy for long. Enjoy them straight out of the oven for the ultimate crispiness!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite easy side dish? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more side dishes? You’ll love these!
- Crispy Barbecue Potato Wedges
- Rustic Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Crispy Rosemary Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Maple Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Classic Macaroni Salad
- Easy Classic Pasta Salad
- Best Ever Classic Creamy Coleslaw
- Easy Classic Taco Salad
Crispy Salt and Vinegar Potato Wedges
- 6 medium to large Russet, Idaho or Yukon Gold Potatoes cut into wedges, skins on
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black or white pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- extra vinegar and flaky sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet by greasing it with a little bit of oil.
- In a large bowl, add the potato wedges after you've washed and dried the potatoes, and cut them into wedges. To cut them into wedges, simply cut them in half lengthwise, in half again lengthwise, and then in half again lengthwise. This will yield about 8 wedges per potato.
- Add the potato wedges to a large bowl and add the salt, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, oil and vinegar. Toss very well to combine.
- Pour the wedges out onto the prepared baking sheet and arrange them in one layer.
- Roast for about 22-25 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the wedges are very crispy and brown.
- Remove them from the oven, toss with some flaky sea salt and a drizzle of vinegar, and serve immediately.