These Easy Juicy Homemade Burgers are tender, meaty, juicy, and SO easy to make with just a few basic ingredients! They’re perfect for the grill outside in the summer, or make them on the stove all year around! Plus, follow my pro tips for the perfect homemade burgers every time!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
If there’s ever a time to enjoy a juicy and delicious burger, summer is it! Homemade burgers are perfect for summer entertaining but they’re also simple and easy enough for a weeknight meal on a summer evening. These Easy Juicy Homemade Burgers are our family’s favourite homemade burger recipe and we love them so much, I just know you’ll love them too!
The thought of making homemade burgers might be daunting but there’s not reason to be intimidated – there are only 7 ingredients in these delicious easy-to-make juicy homemade burger patties and with a few simple times and some delicious side dishes (our family loves them with a salad on the side, but these Crispy Barbecue Potato Wedges are also a great side dish for any burger!), you’ll be well on your way to homemade burger heaven!
Pro Tips for Making Perfect Homemade Burgers
Follow these simple tips and you’ll be creating perfectly cooked, juicy homemade burgers every time!
- Tip #1: Start with the right meat. When making homemade burgers buy good quality ground beef that’s about 80% meat and 20% fat (go for 80% lean beef from your meat market or grocery store). This helps give your burgers flavour without adding a bunch of extra ingredients and it helps them stay nice and juicy!
- Tip #2: Temperature matters. When mixing burgers the meat and all other ingredients should be at room temperature to ensure everything mixes evenly. Let your ground beef sit out of the fridge for several minutes before mixing everything together.
- Tip #3: Use your hands. Combine the ingredients for your burger patties with your hands, mixing well but just until everything is combined. Don’t over mix! Using your hands creates a nice even texture and it ensures everything is evenly mixed.
- Tip #4: Weigh your burgers. Using a kitchen scale to make sure that all burger patties are the same weight ensures that they cook evenly, since they’re all the same size! If you don’t have a kitchen scale, use an ice cream scoop or a dry measuring cup to make sure they’re evenly sized.
- Tip #5: Form the burgers properly. Use a burger press if you have one, not to pack the burger patties too tightly but to ensure they’re all an even thickness and diameter (this will help them cook evenly). Burger presses are inexpensive and readily available…check out mine HERE (affiliate link). You can also press a finger into each burger to form a small divot on one side – this helps prevent them from shrinking too much while they cook.
- Tip #6: Chill before grilling. Chilling your burger patties in the fridge before grilling for about 30 minutes helps them stay together, keep their shape, and helps them stay nice and juicy!
- Tip #7: Don’t press! Resist the urge to press down on the burgers while they’re grilling. This just makes them dry (because it causes them to release their juices).
- Tip # 8: Use a meat thermometer. Ensure the burgers reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71 degrees Celsius) in the middle and remove them from the heat as soon as this temperature is reaches. There’s nothing worse than an under-cooked or over-cooked burger! Get my instant read thermometer HERE (affiliate link).
- Tip #9: Let them rest. When the burgers are cooked through to the correct temperature, remove them from the grill right away and let them rest for 3-5 minutes before serving. Resting helps create a juicy interior and it also helps the burgers stay together.
- Tip #10: Lightly toast the buns. Serving a delicious homemade burger on a toasted bun helps prevent the bun from soaking up all the moisture from the burger and the fixings. And it’s delicious, so there’s that!
- Tip #11: Serve them with burger sauce! My amazing homemade burger sauce is SO easy to make and it’s really the only condiment you need to serve with homemade burgers! Get the easy recipe HERE!
LOVE burgers with a healthy twist? Try these Grilled Turkey Burgers with Spinach and Sriracha Mayo!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these juicy homemade burgers as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite burger toppings? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more delicious recipes like this? Try these!
- Crispy Barbecue Potato Wedges
- Easy Classic Macaroni Salad
- Best Ever Creamy Coleslaw Recipe
- Grilled Turkey Burgers with Spinach and Sriracha Mayo
- Grilled Hawaiian Turkey Burgers
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Marinated Tofu Veggie Skewers
Easy Juicy Homemade Burgers
- 2 pounds 80% lean ground beef use high quality beef that's 20% fat for best results
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cloves garlic finely pressed
- 1 medium onion very finely minced (so it's almost a paste)
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/3 cup fine breadcrumbs
- buns, cheese, fixings and condiments for serving (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, etc.)
- Add the beef to a large bowl, and let it sit for about 10-20 minutes at room temperature.
- Add the salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, garlic, onion, eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Mix well with your hands just until combined and all the ingredients are distributed evenly throughout the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 6 balls that are exactly the same size. Use a burger press to form the burgers into a patty shape, or use your hands to pack the burgers into evenly shaped patties. Place a small divot in the middle of one side of each of the burgers to prevent them from shrinking while grilling.
- Chill the patties in the fridge for about 30 minutes before placing them on the grill.
- Grill over medium-high heat (or fry in a frying pan over medium-high heat) for about 5-6 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature of the burgers reach 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71 Celsius) measured with an instant read thermometer.
- Remove the burgers from the heat and let them sit for about 5 minutes before serving. This helps them stay juicy and prevents them from falling apart.
- Serve on toasted buns with all your favourite fixings and condiments.