These Greek-Style Turkey Burgers are a delicious healthy alternative to traditional hamburgers, with a Greek twist! The perfect juicy turkey burger patty with herbs, sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese! Use my Pro Tips for the perfect homemade turkey burgers every time!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you but I am hanging on to every ounce of summer I can! It’s still August, it’s still sunny and warm during the day and even though it’s cooling down at night the kids still don’t go back to school for another 3 weeks, so we’re still in full-on summer mode. And what does summer mode mean? Well, burgers. And of course because we love anything with a healthy twist, these Greek-Style Turkey Burgers are one of our favourites!
LOVE burgers? Try these Grilled Turkey Burgers with Spinach and Sriracha Mayo!
Turkey burgers are delicious, and they’re one of my favourite summer meals to make at home. Don’t get me wrong, I love me a good one pot wonder meal, as you know, but homemade burgers can be really easy and quick to make, especially if you’re into outdoor grilling. Our family loves them with a salad on the side, but these Crispy Barbecue Potato Wedges are also a great side dish for any homemade burger!
Tips for Making Perfect Homemade Turkey Burgers
Follow the 6 simple tips below and you’ll be creating perfectly cooked, juicy homemade burgers every single time! I know you can do it!
- Tip #1:
Choose high-quality turkey meat that’s pre-ground with about a 10% fat content. This will help the burgers be nice and juicy.
- Tip #2:
Use your hands to combine all the ingredients together, mixing well, just until everything is combined. Don’t over mix! Using your hands creates a nice even texture and it ensures everything is evenly mixed.
- Tip #3:
If you’re sensing that the mixture is too sticky to form into patties, just add another 2-3 tablespoons of oat flour or breadcrumbs. Moisture levels in meat can vary and even the size of the egg can make a difference in the texture of the meat mixture. A little extra breadcrumbs or oat flour will absorb some of that moisture and help with forming the patties.
- Tip #4:
Always use a kitchen scale to make sure that all burger patties are the same weight. This will assure that they cook evenly. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. There’s nothing worse than an under-cooked or over-cooked burger.
- Tip #5:
Use a burger press if you have one. A burger press is a very inexpensive kitchen tool that helps form the burgers perfectly round and helps them keep their shape as they cook. Check out mine HERE (affiliate link). You can also press a finger into each burger to form a small divot on one side – this helps prevent them from shrinking too much while they cook.
- Tip #6:
When the burgers are cooked through to the correct temperature, remove them from the grill right away and let them rest for 3-5 minutes before serving. Resting helps create a juicy interior and it also helps the burgers stay together.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these homemade turkey burgers as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what are your favourite burger toppings? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for even more delicious recipes? You’ll LOVE these ones I’ve linked below!
- Thai Chicken Spiralized Zucchini Salad
- Ginger Soy Grilled Chicken
- Best Ever Juicy Homemade Burgers
- Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- Hawaiian Turkey Burgers
- Turkey Burgers with Spinach and Sriracha Mayo
- Skillet Pesto Caprese Stuffed Chicken
- Honey Garlic and Lime Chicken
Greek-Style Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup shredded zucchini well drained
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes optional
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- burger buns, feta cheese, red onions, lettuce or spinach, tomatoes and tzatziki sauce for serving Find my TZATZIKI recipe HERE.
- Add the ground turkey to a large bowl along with the breadcrumbs, garlic, egg, paprika, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, olive oil, zucchini, feta, sun-dried tomatoes, and red onion.
- Mix very well with your hands until everything is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 4 balls that are exactly the same size. Use a burger press to form the burgers into a patty shape, or use your hands to pack the burgers into evenly shaped patties. Place a small divot in the middle of one side of each of the burgers to prevent them from shrinking while grilling.
- Grill over medium-high heat (or fry in a frying pan over medium-high heat) for about 7-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature of the burgers reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 Celsius) measured with an instant read thermometer.
- Remove the burgers from the heat and let them sit for about 5 minutes before serving. This helps them stay juicy and prevents them from falling apart.
- Serve on toasted buns with spinach or lettuce, tomato slices, red onions, feta cheese and a generous amount of tzatziki sauce (get the easy tzatziki sauce recipe here).