These Easy Mini Chocolate Swirl Cheesecakes are the perfect easy dessert! Just a few simple ingredients, an easy cookie crust and a fluffy cheesecake filling with a swirl of melted chocolate!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
If you’re afraid of making cheesecake from scratch because of all the horror stories you’ve heard about dry, cracked cheesecake, have no fear. These Easy Mini Chocolate Swirl Cheesecakes are VERY creamy and smooth, and the filling is only 5 basic ingredients. It’s a very hard recipe to mess up, so it’s a great one for beginning bakers! Follow my instructions below!
How to Make Mini Cheesecakes
- Start with room temperature ingredients! If you want creamy cheesecake, starting with all your ingredients at room temperature is the key. It’ll help everything combine together really smoothly, making for a silky filling!
- Use paper liners! There’s no point in ruining your homemade mini cheesecakes because you can’t get them out of the tins, right?! Use paper muffin cups for next to no mess and easy removal!
- Let them cool, then chill! The key to creamy cheesecake is letting them cool to room temperature first, then chilling for several hours or overnight. This helps the filling to set and stay nice and creamy.
- Garnish! Add some delicious whipped cream, lemon zest, berries, or whatever you like!
CLICK HERE for all my best cheesecake baking tips!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these mini cheesecakes as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite bite-sized dessert recipe? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN TOOLS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for more delicious desserts? You’ll LOVE these:
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this easy dessert recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Easy Mini Chocolate Swirl Cheesecakes
- 1 cup Oreo baking crumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 ounces full fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup full fat sour cream at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter until the crumbs are moistened.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of the crumb mixture into the bottom of each paper liner and press down to pack the crumbs together to form a crust.
- Add the room temperature cream cheese to a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer on medium-high speed until creamy and smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix well for about 3 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla, and mix well on low speed until well blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition, scraping down the bowl to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly between the 12 prepared cups and pour it in over the crusts.
- Add the chocolate (chopped) to a microwave-safe bowl along with the cream. Microwave on 50% power for 30-second intervals until the chocolate is melted.
- Add a small dollop of melted chocolate on top of each of the cheesecakes and swirl the chocolate into the cheesecake mixture with a knife or a bamboo skewer.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25-30 minutes or until the edges of the cheesecakes are set and the middles have a slight jiggle.
- Let the cheesecakes cool at room temperature until cooled, and then chill them for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with some fresh berries and whipped cream (optional), or some additional shaved chocolate.