This Easy No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is the perfect refreshing dessert for summer! Make it with only 4 ingredients – no ice cream maker required!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you, but when it comes to ice cream there’s nothing better than homemade. Made from an easy base of whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk, this No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is truly a fantastic no-fuss summer recipe that you are going to LOVE!
I’ve shared so many of my favourite homemade ice cream recipes with you already, like this No Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream, this Best Ever Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and this Easy No Churn Snickers Ice Cream, and they all have the same super easy, no churn method in common!
You don’t need any special tools or kitchen gadgets for this delicious recipe beyond a stand mixer or hand mixer, a good sturdy loaf pan or container for freezing the ice cream, and a good ice cream scoop for serving! I’ve added a list of my favourite kitchen gadgets for this recipe below in case you’re interested (Amazon affiliate links):
- MY FAVOURITE ICE CREAM SCOOP (IT ALSO WORKS GREAT FOR PORTIONING CUPCAKE OR MUFFIN BATTER!)
- MY FAVOURITE KITCHENAID STAND MIXER
- MY FAVOURITE HAND MIXER
- MY FAVOURITE LOAF PAN (COMPARABLE)
How to make mint chocolate chip ice cream at home
Simply whip the heavy cream until it begins to form soft peaks and thickly coats the back of a spoon. Continue to whip while adding the sweetened condensed milk in a steady stream until the mixture reaches almost-hard peaks. Fold in the mint extract and chocolate chips, freeze for 6-8 hours and enjoy!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Easy No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite ice cream flavour to enjoy in the summer time? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN TOOLS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for more cool treats for summer time? Check out these recipes:
Easy No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- container or loaf pan
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream or 500 ml
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- a few drops of green food colouring optional
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (add more if desired)
- a few drops mint or peppermint extract to taste
- Whip the heavy whipping cream cold from the fridge until soft peaks form and the mixture thickly coats the back of a spoon.
- Continue to whip on high speed, adding the food colouring and then the sweetened condensed milk in a steady stream until it's fully incorporated and the mixture almost reaches the hard-peak stage.
- Be careful NOT to over-whip, as this will cause the fat and the water in the cream to separate. If this happens, the ice cream will NOT freeze properly and won't have the creamy, smooth texture you desire.
- Fold the mint extract and the chocolate chips into the whipped cream mixture just until combined.
- Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper (or use a resealable plastic freezer-safe container, if you prefer) and scrape the ice cream mixture into the pan or container.
- Cover with plastic wrap (or a lid) and freeze for about 6-8 hours, or until the ice cream has become solid enough to scoop.
- Serve in cones, bowls, on top of cakes, pies, or brownies, or however you desire!