This Easy Peanut Butter S’mores Strudel Pastry dessert is SO easy and fun to make, and it makes the best easy dessert for any occasion!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Have you ever had one of those kitchen days where you end up with an extra package of puff pastry dough that you’ve defrosted and that you don’t want to go to waste? I know that sounds like a weird kitchen conundrum, but I’ve been stuck with extra puff pastry dough on more than one occasion and I’ve come up with several amazing recipes in these situations, like these gorgeous Honey Glazed Fruit Tarts with Vanilla Custard Filling, and now this amazing Peanut Butter S’Mores Strudel!!
And the end of one of our recent filming days, my assistant Ana and I came up with this ridiculously delicious Peanut Butter S’Mores Strudel and it was the perfect way to end the day. It’s one of those sticky sweet treats that’s so good with a cup of hot cocoa on a cold winter day, or even to enjoy around the campfire on a summer night.
And it could not be easier to make – if you use the puff pastry dough that you can find in the frozen section of your grocery store, only a few other simple ingredients stand between you and this Peanut Butter S’Mores Strudel – some mini marshmallows, some good-quality milk chocolate, your favourite peanut butter, and a few mini chocolate chips!
Looking for more decadent treats? You’ll love these Honey Glazed Fruit Tarts or these Fresh Nectarine Tarts with Lemon Mascarpone Filling!
And I mean, who doesn’t love s’mores anything, am I right? Gooey marshmallows, melted chocolate and the delicious addition of peanut butter just takes this Peanut Butter S’mores strudel to the next level!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to use up leftover puff pastry dough??
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for even more delicious puff pastry recipes like this one? Check out these recipes I know you’ll love!!
- Blackberry Lime Mascarpone Tarts
- Honey Glazed Fruit Tarts with Vanilla Custard Filling
- Easy Homemade Apple Strudel
- Fresh Nectarine Tarts with Lemon Mascarpone filling
- Best Ever Blueberry Hand Pies
- Vegetarian Red Lentil Sausage Rolls
- Easy Strawberry Hand Pies
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough into a large rectangle (according to the amount of dough you have - try for approximately 9-inch by 18-inch or so).
- Spread the peanut butter down the middle 1/3 of the rectangle (it might help to microwave the peanut butter for 15 seconds to make it more spreadable).
- Place the chocolate pieces over the peanut butter evenly.
- Add the mini marshmallows on top and sprinkle over the graham cracker crumbs as well.
- Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to create slits in the sides of the puff pastry rectangle and pull the side pieces over top of the filling ingredients in a braid style (watch the video at the beginning of this blog post for a full tutorial).
- Whisk the egg and water together well in a small bowl.
- Tuck in any edges of pastry dough and brush lightly with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips overtop of the strudel and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.