These Best Ever Blueberry Hand Pies are the perfect homemade pastry treat that’s great for dessert, brunch, or a snack. They’re bursting with fresh blueberries, made with frozen puff pastry and the best sweet glaze!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
It’s officially blueberry season where I live and I am loving every minute of it. Blueberries are one of our family’s favourite fruits because they’re packed with healthy antioxidants and vitamins, and they taste SO good. The blueberries this year have been big and perfectly plump and juicy – and I’ve been making so many delicious blueberry treats so I can share the recipes with you all! These Best Ever Blueberry Hand Pies are one of my favourite pastry recipes ever (my husband agrees!) and they’re a fantastic way to enjoy all those fresh blueberries!!
Looking for more decadent pastry treats? You’ll love these Honey Glazed Fruit Tarts or these Fresh Nectarine Tarts with Lemon Mascarpone Filling!
I’ve shared a few of my favourite homemade pastry recipes before, like these gorgeous Honey Glazed Fruit Tarts with Vanilla Custard Filling, these Fresh Nectarine Mascarpone Fruit Tarts, and these Easy Strawberry Hand Pies, but now these AMAZING Best Ever Blueberry Hand Pies are taking over as my new favourite homemade pastry! And the best part? They taste JUST like the old Blueberry Toaster Strudels (but better, of course!), so if you’re into the flavour of blueberry Toaster Strudel this is a GREAT copycat recipe!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these Best Ever Blueberry Hand Pies as much as our family does! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite pastry to indulge in? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more delicious recipes like this one? You’ll LOVE these:
Best Ever Blueberry Hand Pies
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 sheets frozen puffed pastry dough, thawed just until foldable
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Add the blueberries, sugar, vanilla and cornstarch to a pot and stir together while cold.
- Turn the heat to medium and cook until the mixture is bubbly. Mash the blueberries a little bit with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a large baking sheet, lining it with parchment paper.
- Roll out the cold, but thawed, puff pastry sheets and cut each one into 6 large squares (you should have 12 squares in total).
- Add a dollop of the slightly cool blueberry filling in the middle of 6 squares and brush the edges of each square with a little bit of water.
- Top the 6 squares with the other remaining 6 squares of puff pastry and place a small knife hole in the top for venting. Press around the edges of each of the hand pies with a fork to secure the edges together.
- Combine the egg and water with a fork and brush the tops of the hand pies with this mixture.
- Transfer the hand pies to the prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the hand pies are cooling completely to room temperature, add the powdered sugar to a bowl and add the water 1/2 teaspoon at a time just until a thick, drizzle-able glaze forms. The amount of water will vary depending on the brand of powdered sugar you're using - watch carefully!
- Add the glaze to a small zip-loc bag, snip off the corner, and drizzle the glaze over the hand pies once they've cooled completely.
- Enjoy immediately or store in at airtight container for up to 2 days.