These Easy Strawberry Hand Pies are the perfect homemade pastry treat that’s great for dessert, brunch, or a snack. They’re bursting with fresh strawberries, made with frozen puff pastry and the best sweet glaze!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I just cannot get enough of our fresh, local strawberries lately! It’s been strawberry season here in Europe for over a month now and no matter how many strawberries we eat I just can’t get enough. Because our strawberries have been so gorgeous and juicy and ripe, I just knew I had to share these Easy Strawberry Hand Pies with you! They are my new favourite recipe to make for tea or brunch when I’m having guests over, and they couldn’t be easier to throw together.
I’ve shared a few of my favourite homemade pastry recipes before, like these gorgeous Honey Glazed Fruit Tarts with Vanilla Custard Filling, and these Fresh Nectarine Mascarpone Fruit Tarts, but now these AMAZING Easy Strawberry Hand Pies are taking over as my new favourite homemade pastry! And the best part? They taste JUST like the old Strawberry Toaster Strudels (but better, of course!), so if you’re into the flavour of strawberry Toaster Strudel this is a GREAT copycat recipe!
Looking for more decadent treats? You’ll love these Honey Glazed Fruit Tarts or these Fresh Nectarine Tarts with Lemon Mascarpone Filling!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these Easy Strawberry Hand Pies as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite recipe to make during strawberry season? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more delicious recipes like this one? You’ll LOVE these:
Easy Strawberry Hand Pies
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed just until foldable (a sheet is about 12 by 18 inches)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Add the sliced strawberries, sugar and cornstarch to a pot and stir together while cold.
- Turn the heat to medium and cook until the mixture is bubbly. Mash the strawberries a little bit with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a large baking sheet, lining it with parchment paper.
- Roll out the cold, but thawed, puff pastry sheet and cut into 6 large squares.
- Add a dollop of the strawberry filling in the middle of each square and brush the edges of each square with a little bit of water.
- Fold each square over to form a large triangle and crimp the edges of the triangle with a fork.
- Combine the egg and water with a fork and brush the tops of the hand pies with this mixture.
- Transfer the hand pies to the prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the hand pies are cooling completely to room temperature, add the powdered sugar to a bowl and add the water 1/2 teaspoon at a time just until a thick, drizzle-able glaze forms. The amount of water will vary depending on the brand of powdered sugar you're using - watch carefully!
- Add the glaze to a small zip-loc bag, snip off the corner, and drizzle the glaze over the hand pies once they've cooled completely.
- Enjoy immediately or store in at airtight container for up to 2 days.