NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:Honey Glazed Fruit Tarts with Vanilla Custard Filling, and these Fresh Nectarine Mascarpone Fruit Tarts, but this Easy Homemade Apple Strudel is a true homemade comfort food dessert that you are going to LOVE!
LOOKING FOR MORE MUFFIN BAKING RECIPES AND TIPS?
Get my guide to Easy No-Fail Muffin Baking!
Looking for more decadent treats? You’ll love these Easy Strawberry Hand Pies or these Best Ever Blueberry Hand Pies!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS SUMMER DESSERT IDEAS?
GET MY SUMMER DESSERTS E-COOKBOOK!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more delicious recipes like this one? You’ll LOVE these:
Easy Homemade Apple Strudel
- 2 Spartan apples (peeled, chopped, and diced)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 100 g store-bought puff pastry, thawed from frozen (if using puff pastry in blocks, thaw and roll out to a 12" square, approximately)
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Add the diced apples to a medium bowl along with the cinnamon, cornstarch and brown sugar and stir well to combine.
- Cut the two sheets of puff pastry into 4 squares each using a large knife, pastry cutter, or pizza cutter.
- Cut tiny slits in 4 of the 8 squares you've created, offsetting the slits in rows of 3 and then 4 and then 3 and then 4, etc. This will create the pattern shown in the photos.
- Spoon the apple filling onto the remaining 4 pastry squares, dividing the filling evenly between them and keeping the mound of filling in the middle of the square.
- Dampen the edges of each of the squares with a few drops of water, using your finger.
- Very gently stretch the other 4 squares (the ones you decorated with the slits) over top of the filling-covered squares, pressing down gently around the edges.
- Whip the egg in a small bowl using a fork and brush the egg over the top and sides of the pastries.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 22-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for several minutes before enjoying.