These Healthy Vegetarian Nachos with Rainbow Vegetables are the best healthier way to enjoy nachos!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Happy Friday, friends! What better way to celebrate the beginning of a weekend than with nachos, am I right!? If you’ve been a follower of mine for any length of time you’ll know that I absolutely LOVE making-over unhealthy dishes so they’re lower in fat and calories, but just as delicious! These Healthy Vegetarian Nachos are my new favourite way to get my veggies in while still enjoying a delicious snack.
Looking for more healthy recipes? My readers love this Thai Chicken and Spiralized Zucchini Salad and this Healthy Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad!
How to Make Nachos Healthy
Now of course, you could include any veggies you want in this recipe but I’ve stuck to my favourites: tomatoes, bell peppers, corn, jalapeños, red onions, some black beans for added protein, and fresh herbs like parsley and cilantro. Top it all off with some low fat cheese and low fat sour cream and you’re good to go! And if you still want that stretchy-cheese effect without all the fat, use my trick: Mozzarella!! Low fat mozzarella mixed with other low fat cheeses still creates that stretchy cheese we all know and love on our nachos! Give it a try!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
And if you’re looking for a delicious healthy salsa recipe to go along with your nachos, my Restaurant Style Blender Salsa is ALWAYS a hit and it’s a great easy way to make your own homemade salsa that’s SO healthy too!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy these Healthy Vegetarian Nachos as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite topping for homemade nachos? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Looking for even more delicious recipes like this one? Check out these!
- Creamy Bruschetta Bites
- Mexican Taco Dip Wonton Cups
- Thai Peanut Salad Wonton Cups
- Vegetarian Meal-Prep Tacos
- Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad with Creamy Italian Herb Dressing
- Creamy Bruschetta Stuffed Mushrooms
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL IDEAS?
Get my Quick and Easy 4-Week Meal Plan Guide!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- 8 cups baked or low fat tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned corn, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, diced or sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups mixed shredded low fat cheese (I use a combination of mozzarella and cheddar)
- sour cream, salsa, and fresh cilantro for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the tortilla chips to the bottom of a large cast iron skillet or baking tray and arrange so they overlap slightly.
- Sprinkle half the cheese evenly over the tortilla chips.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, corn, black beans, red onion, and the bell pepper evenly over the top of the tortilla chips.
- Add the remainder of the cheese evenly over the veggies.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Enjoy immediately with low fat sour cream, salsa and some fresh cilantro on top.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.