These Pumpkin Spice Baked Donuts are the perfect easy-to-make fall dessert for donut lovers, made with real pumpkin and dipped in powdered sugar!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Friends, it’s finally fall and you know what that means…pumpkin everything!! It also means back-to-school, crisp walks in the crunchy leaves, and cleaning out closets (I know, I’m weird…I do my “spring” cleaning in the fall AND in the spring), but truly it’s all about the pumpkins! And these Pumpkin Spice Baked Donuts are the perfect way to celebrate the arrival of pumpkin season…ahem, I mean fall.
I’ve already shared so many of my favourite pumpkin recipes with you all, like this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe, these Best Ever Starbucks Pumpkin Scones, these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes and even these Healthy Pumpkin Oat Muffins. But these Pumpkin Spice Baked Donuts dipped in powdered sugar?? Talk about pumpkin spice heaven!!
Oh, and did I mention that this is a one-bowl recipe? Yep. These Pumpkin Spice Baked Donuts are THAT easy to make!! If you don’t have a donut pan, you’re definitely missing out because that’s really all that’s standing between you and these delicious fall-inspired powdered sugar donuts. For this recipe I’d definitely recommend this Wilton Medium Donut Pan (affiliate link). It’s the perfect medium size and it’s non-stick, which is important in a donut pan. Even though I use a non-stick pan, I always use my Misto Oil Sprayer for this recipe (affiliate link) because it allows you to achieve the same extra-non-stick effect as conventional oil sprays while using a healthy oil and without all those harmful propellants found in conventional oil sprays. Your donuts will slide right out!
LOOKING FOR MORE MUFFIN BAKING RECIPES AND TIPS?
Get my guide to Easy No-Fail Muffin Baking!
Like the look of this recipe? Check out these Double Chocolate Baked Donuts or these Best Ever Old Fashioned Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Pumpkin Spice Baked Donuts recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite pumpkin treat for fall?
KITCHEN TOOLS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for even more delicious pumpkin recipes? You’ll LOVE these:
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS PUMPKIN RECIPES, PLUS FALL BAKING TIPS AND TRICKS?
Get my Pumpkin Recipes E-Cookbook!
RECIPE VIDEOWatch the video below to see exactly how I make this easy dessert recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Pumpkin Spice Baked Donuts
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned, unsweetened)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a donut pan with butter or vegetable oil spray (I use a medium-sized 12-donut pan).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg.
- Add the pumpkin puree, beaten eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla, and whisk the mixture together just until the flour disappears (scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to be sure everything is incorporated).
- Add the batter to a piping bag and pipe the donuts into the prepared pan. Be sure not to over-fill them - fill them only 1/2 way to ensure the donuts have the correct shape after baking.
- Bake for about 11-15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until the donuts lose their shine on top and bounce back when you touch them.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the donuts are completely cool, dip them in the powdered sugar pressing the powdered sugar onto the sides of the donuts to be sure they're well coated.
- Enjoy immediately for best results, or store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.