This Healthy 3-Ingredient Chia Seed Blueberry Jam is a great healthy alternative to conventional jam! It’s made with 3 healthy, natural, whole-food ingredients and it’s quick and easy to make!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Hi friends! Since you all LOVED my Healthy 3-Ingredient Chia Seed Strawberry Jam SO much, I thought I’d share my favourite Blueberry version of that recipe with you as well! After my Strawberry Chia Seed Jam getting millions and millions of views on Facebook AND going viral on Pinterest, I just knew you guys would be dying to get this Healthy 3-Ingredient Chia Seed Blueberry Jam recipe in your hands too, so here it is!!
And before you go thinking you can just swap out the fruit from my Healthy 3-Ingredient Chia Seed Strawberry Jam and be on your way, the measurements are slightly different in this recipe and it yields a different amount of jam. Different fruits have different amounts of naturally occurring pectin and their water content is often different, which means you have to be a little careful when you’re looking for a specific result, like a jam-like texture for example. I should also mention that you can use fresh or frozen blueberries for this recipe, although I would always recommend fresh. If you do opt for frozen, be sure to cook off the jam a little longer than the recipe calls for just to make sure all the extra water evaporates and the end result is the right texture.
If you’re a long-time reader of mine you’ll know that I really try to limit our sugar intake at home on a daily basis, especially for my kids. Making this Healthy 3-Ingredient Chia Seed Blueberry Jam is the perfect way to allow my kids to enjoy jam (they LOVE peanut butter and jam sandwiches!) without worrying about the heaps of sugar that most jam contains. And because this jam is just so darn tasty, it never lasts very long in our fridge! We easily go through one jar in a week or two and since this is a fridge/freezer jam recipe, that’s just perfect!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this healthy jam recipe as much as our family does! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite kind of jam? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more recipes like this? You’ll LOVE these:
- 3-Ingredient Chia Seed Strawberry Jam
- Mango Coconut Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Almond Overnight Oats
- Orange Pomegranate Superfood Salad
- Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad
- Best Ever Blueberry Hand Pies
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this healthy spreadable. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
Healthy 3-Ingredient Chia Seed Blueberry Jam
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey (add one extra tablespoon if you enjoy a sweeter jam) or other vegan honey substitute
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the blueberries. Add the honey and place on the stove over medium heat.
- As the blueberries begin to soften slightly over the heat, stir them around in their juices and the honey.
- Once the berries have softened to the point that they're starting to fall apart, add the chia seeds and stir them in well. The chia seeds will help the jam achieve a gelatinous texture while also adding fibre, protein and healthy Omega-3 fats.
- Let the mixture come to a slow boil, stirring almost continually. Use a potato masher or fork to break up the blueberries. if necessary.
- Continue stirring the mixture over low heat for about 15-20 minutes, or until a gelatinous texture is reached, and then remove the pan from the stove.
- Pour the jam into a large mason jar and allow it to cool, covered, at room temperature for half an hour before placing it in the fridge to cool completely (for 2 hours, or overnight).
- Enjoy on toast, gluten-free crackers or scones, over yogurt or even ice cream.