NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:Healthy Chia Seed Strawberry Jam and my Healthy Chia Seed Blueberry Jam SO much I thought I’d share my favourite Raspberry version of that recipe with you as well – especially since many of you have requested it! Clearly the internet enjoys healthy jam recipes because all my chia seed jam recipes have been getting millions of views on Facebook AND going viral on Pinterest, so I was only too happy to share another one!!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
How to make jam without sugarWhen making chia seed jam without refined sugar it’s important to remember that different fruits have different amounts of naturally occurring pectin and their water content is often different. This means you have to be a little bit careful when you’re looking for a specific result, like a jam-like texture for example. I should also mention that you can use fresh or frozen raspberries for this recipe, although I would always recommend fresh. If you do opt for frozen, be sure to cook off the jam a little longer than the recipe calls for just to make sure all the extra water evaporates and the end result is the right texture. If you’re a long-time reader of mine you’ll know that I really try to limit our sugar intake at home on a daily basis, especially for my kids. Making this Healthy 3-Ingredient Chia Seed Raspberry Jam is the perfect way to allow my kids to enjoy jam (they LOVE peanut butter and jam sandwiches!) without worrying about the heaps of sugar that most jam contains. And because this jam is just so darn tasty, it never lasts very long in our fridge! We easily go through one jar in a week or two and since this is a fridge/freezer jam recipe, that’s just perfect for our family! This jam is also great for anyone following an insulin-resistance diet, or for diabetics because of the low sugar content!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more recipes like this? You’ll LOVE these:
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS SUMMER DESSERT IDEAS?
GET MY SUMMER DESSERTS E-COOKBOOK!
Easy 3-Ingredient Chia Seed Raspberry Jam
- 4 cups fresh raspberries (or frozen raspberries)
- 3 tablespoons honey (add one extra tablespoon if you enjoy a sweeter jam) or other vegan honey substitute (maple syrup or agave nectar also work)
- 5 teaspoons chia seeds
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the raspberries. Add the honey and place on the stove over medium heat.
- As the raspberries begin to soften slightly over the heat, stir them around in their juices and the honey.
- Once the berries have softened to the point that they're starting to fall apart, add the chia seeds and stir them in well. The chia seeds will help the jam achieve a gelatinous texture while also adding fibre, protein and healthy Omega-3 fats.
- Let the mixture come to a slow boil, stirring almost continually. Use a potato masher or fork to break up the raspberries. if necessary.
- Continue stirring the mixture over low heat for about 15-20 minutes, or until a gelatinous texture is reached, and then remove the pan from the stove.
- Pour the jam into a large mason jar and allow it to cool, covered, at room temperature for half an hour before placing it in the fridge to cool completely (for 2 hours, or overnight).
- Enjoy on toast, gluten-free crackers or scones, over yogurt or even ice cream.