These Best Ever Korean Barbecue Beef Skewers are made with a super simple marinade and grilled to perfection with that classic Korean Barbecue-inspired flavour!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Guys, I am so ready for summer. And I don’t mean that in an “I’m sick of Spring” kind of way – no. I mean I am READY for summer. The winter clothes are put away and everyone in the house has a drawerful of shorts, tank-tops and bathing suits, I’ve got a basketful of sunscreen at the door, sunglasses, hats, outdoor toys for the kids (organized, to boot!), flowers and veggies planted and well on their way, a hammock hanging on the balcony, an even some cute little woven door mats inside the patio doors to prevent the kids from tracking in dust and dirt (which I’m sure they’ll do anyway).
The screens are on the windows and we’ve got the screen doors on (no, those aren’t a given in Europe like they are in other parts of the world), the barbecue is out and we are ready to spend the next 3 months outside in the sunshine enjoying time with friends and family and, of course, delicious party food like these Best Ever Korean Barbecue Beef Skewers!
If you are looking for a new recipe for the grill to heat up your summer, these Best Ever Korean Barbecue Beef Skewers are IT! They’re so easy to make with a super simple marinade, and they grill up in about 5-8 minutes so they’re ready to enjoy with your favourite salads, baked potatoes, or whatever else you’re serving at your next backyard barbecue. If you’re into beef, you’re going to LOVE these Best Ever Korean Barbecue Beef Skewers as much as we do, I’m sure!!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these Best Ever Korean Barbecue Beef Skewers as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite grilling recipe for summer? I’d love to know!!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for even more delicious recipes like this one? You’ll LOVE these:
Easy Korean Beef Rice Bowls (15 Minute Meal!)
Best Ever Korean Barbecue Beef Skewers
- 4 small 3 oz. lean sirloin steaks
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or finely diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger (use 2 teaspoons powdered ginger, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (or less, if serving to children)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper (if desired)
- red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, and sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
- Pound the steaks with a meat tenderizer gently until about 1.5 centimetres thick (approximately half an inch).
- Slice the steaks lengthwise into long strips about 2.5-3 centimetres wide (about 1.5 inches).
- Thread the steak strips onto metal or wooden skewers (about 2-3 strips per skewer, to make 6 skewers). Set aside.
- In a large, shallow baking dish or container combine the onion, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, sriracha, honey, and salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Place the beef skewers in the marinade and turn the skewers in the marinade until well coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
- When ready to grill, place the beef skewers on a hot grill or griddle (outdoors or indoors) for no more than 5 minutes per side (it usually takes 5 minutes for the first side and then 3-4 minutes for the second side.
- Remove from the grill or griddle and let rest under foil for 5 minutes before serving.