This Easy One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken is an easy weeknight meal idea with a simple 5-ingredient sauce, made all in one pan!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I’m so thankful to have been able to grow up working alongside my mom and both my grandmas in the kitchen. If you’ve read my About Me page, you’ll already know this – so many of my recipes are versions of dishes my family has made for years and my time in the kitchen is almost always a trip down memory lane, reliving times when I had the privilege of cooking alongside one of my family members. When my grandma passed away a few years ago I had the opportunity to look through her old recipe box and take many of the recipes written in my grandma’s handwriting, the cards worn and tattered and dusty from flour from years upon years in her kitchen. This Easy One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken recipe is one that I grabbed that day and I am SO glad that I did!
I only remember my grandma making this Easy One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken a handful of times, but the sauce recipe is exactly her style! It’s simple – only a few easy ingredients thrown together with a whole lot of love to create a dish with a whole lot of flavor. Since I got ahold of my grandma’s recipe card several years ago, I’ve been making this Easy One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken for my family on the regular. We love to enjoy it with a side of mashed potatoes and veggies, or sometimes with some stir-fried veggies over rice. It’s truly delicious any way you serve it!
I make this Easy One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken most often with drumsticks, but it works just as well with bone-in chicken thighs, boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-2 oz pieces), or even bone-in chicken legs. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time for the cut of chicken you choose and be sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit (75 degrees Celsius) before serving!
Our family just loves this Easy One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken recipe and every time we serve it to dinner guests they love it just as much as we do! I just know your family will love it too!!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you like this Easy One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite one-pan chicken recipe?
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for even more delicious recipes? Try these ones I’ve linked below!
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this easy recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Easy One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken
- 12-14 small chicken drumsticks (or 6-8 large bone-in chicken thighs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cloves garlic (very finely minced)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- chopped parsley, sesame seeds and/or chopped green onions for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Add the chicken drumsticks one at a time, seasoning them with salt and pepper in the pan.
- Brown the chicken on all sides for 2-3 minutes per side and remove the chicken to a plate. Depending on the size of your skillet you may need to cook the chicken drumsticks in two batches in order to not overcrowd the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the honey, butter, garlic, ketchup and soy sauce, whisking everything together until well combined.
- Add the chicken drumsticks back into the pan, nestling them into the sauce and using a spoon to coat the chicken in the thin sauce.
- Bake the chicken at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 18-20 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Spoon the sauce over the chicken again after removing it from the oven, before serving.
- Sprinkle with some freshly chopped parsley, sesame seeds, or chopped green onions for garnish, and serve!