NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:follow me on Instagram you’ll know that I’ve shared my breakfast in my Instagram stories for the last few days. I’ve been obsessed with homemade granola for a long time and I’ve shared many of my favourite granola recipes with you over the years, like this Chocolate Coconut Granola, or this Blueberry Pumpkin Seed Granola. Since the new year began I’ve been rekindling my love for homemade granola and I just can’t get enough. Seriously!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS SUMMER DESSERT IDEAS?
GET MY SUMMER DESSERTS E-COOKBOOK!
Looking for more delicious brunch recipes? Here are my favourites:
- Best Ever Sweet and Sticky Cinnamon Rolls
- Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
- Easy Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Homemade Healthy Matcha Latte (Starbucks Copycat)
- Healthy Homemade Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
- Best Ever Banana Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- Berry Banana Oat Smoothie
- Chocolate Almond Overnight Oats
Basic Homemade Granola
- 4 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup liquid honey or other vegan honey substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- any add-ins of your choice: nuts seeds, dried fruit, etc.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the coconut oil to the skillet and let it melt.
- Toss the rolled oats in the pan and stir them together with the oil until they're coated and the oil appears to have disappeared.
- Turn the heat to low and toast the oats for about 5 minutes, moving them constantly so they don't burn.
- Add the cinnamon, honey and vanilla extract and toss everything together well in the skillet, continuing to stir constantly.
- After stirring for a few minutes, turn the granola out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool to room temperature.
- Serve the granola as soon as it's cooled, or store it in an airtight container for up to two weeks.