This Chai Tea Latte is the perfect classic chai coffee-shop drink that’s easy to make with chai tea, honey or maple syrup, and simple foamed milk! Easy to make dairy-free and sugar-free!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
If you’ve been a reader of mine for awhile you’ll know how much I love a good hot drink. This Chai Tea Latte is SO unbelievably delicious and it’s my top choice for an afternoon pick-me-up. I often throw together a Chai Tea Latte and add it to my insulated tumbler before doing the afternoon school run – it’s one of those drinks that makes me happy and warms me up from the inside out! I just know you’re going to love it as much as I do!
How to make a Chai Tea Latte
- Start with the tea. Brew some high-quality chai tea (loose-leaf is always better, but tea bags do the trick too!) as strong as you can make it.
- Add your sweetener of choice. Honey or maple syrup are delicious in this latte, but you can also use plain old sugar or stevia (or other low calorie sweetener) to dissolve in the hot tea.
- Froth the milk. Use a milk frother if you have one (on the hot setting), or use a hand held frother.
- Enjoy! Pour the tea over the milk in your favourite mug and enjoy!
Sugar-Free Dairy-Free Chai Tea Latte
And if you’re dairy-free, eating low carb, or need a decaf option, this Chai Tea Latte can be made to suit almost any diet. If you’re dairy-free, feel free to substitute the milk for your favourite dairy-free barista blend. If you’re low-carb, keto or sugar free, skip the honey or maple syrup and sweeten your latte with a few drops of your favourite stevia or other low-calorie sweetener.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Chai Tea Latte recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite warm, comforting drink for cold days? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
Looking for even more recipes like this one? You’ll LOVE these:
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Slow Cooker Chai Tea Latte
- Slow Cooker Healthier Hot Chocolate
- Strawberry Banana Orange Power Smoothie
- Healthy Iced Coffee
- Slow Cooker Gingerbread Latte
- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
Healthy Whole-Food Recipes with Easy Cooking Tips
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- hand-held milk frother
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 tbsp loose-leaf chai tea or 2 tea bags
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey, or other sweetener of your choice)
- 3 cups whole milk (or use dairy-free alternative milk)
- cinnamon or cinnamon sugar for topping
- Steep the chai tea in the hot water for at least 10 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup (or other sweetener) and stir well to dissolve.
- Heat the milk in a pot on the stove or in the microwave (or in an electric milk frother if you have one). Froth with a hand-held frother.
- Pour the milk into mugs and pour the tea on top, dividing it between the 4 mugs.
- Top with any remaining milk foam and some ground cinnamon or cinnamon sugar.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.