These Classic Baked Meatballs are perfect for serving as an appetizer, as an addition to your favourite Italian dishes or as a side dish for the holidays! Made from basic ingredients in under 30 minutes!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
When fall rolls around I start spending more and more time in the kitchen, stocking my freezer and cooking up all kinds of things from scratch. These Easy Classic Baked Meatballs always make an appearance during my fall meal prep days – I love having a big bag of these meatballs in my freezer to add to simple pasta sauces for an easy weeknight meal, or to pull out as a quick appetizer with some honey garlic sauce for last minute entertaining.
I know frozen meatballs from the grocery store can be tempting to throw in your cart just to “have on hand”, but let me assure you these homemade meatballs are SO much tastier, SO much better for you (without all those fillers and sodium!), and just about as easy to make!
How to make homemade meatballs
Just throw the ground meat in a big bowl, along with the breadcrumbs, egg, and spices. Mix it all together very well and roll into balls. Bake on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet for about 20 minutes and you’re good to go! After baking I like to let them cool completely before adding them to a ziploc bag and throwing them in the freezer. Or, store them in the fridge and enjoy them throughout the week with all your favourite meals!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these Easy Classic Baked Meatballs as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite Italian meal? I’d love to know!
Looking for even more delicious recipes like this one? You’ll LOVE these:
Easy Korean Beef Rice Bowls (15 Minute Meal!)
Kitchen products I recommend:
Easy Classic Baked Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground beef (approximately 1 kilo)
- 1/2 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Use a large wooden spoon or your hands to combine all the ingredients very well. This should take several minutes to ensure every ingredient is distributed well throughout.
- Form the meatballs with your hands, packing them loosely at first to form a round shape, and then as tightly as you can while still keeping the round shape. Use between 1 and 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture for each meatball, but be sure they are all equal in size.
- Place them on the prepared tray with a little bit of space between them so they brown and don't steam in the oven. You should have about 18-20 meatballs in total.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until the meatballs are brown on the outside and have reached an internal temperature of 71 degrees Celsius (160 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Let cool on the pan before storing in the fridge or freezer, or use right away in your favourite Italian sauce or other dishes.