These Keto Pizza Bites with Cauliflower are the perfect easy-to-make low-carb comfort food meal that’s packed with the best pizza flavours. Ready in 25 minutes!
I don’t know about you, but for me pizza is one of those things I would have a very hard time eliminating from my diet. There’s just something about spicy pepperoni, savoury pizza sauce, fragrant garlic and oregano, and of course the perfect stretchy mozzarella cheese that just can’t be beat.
These Keto Pizza Bites with Cauliflower are one of my personal FAVOURITE meals to enjoy on a Friday evening when we’re curled up on the couch as a family watching a movie. It’s the best of both worlds: comfort food at its finest with all the BEST pizza flavours, but no gluten and limited carbs.
Of course, there’s nothing wrong with enjoying a regular old pizza with the traditional crust, but these Keto Pizza Bites are a lot lighter and pack a real veggie punch. If you’re looking for ways to get more veggies into your diet, this is it!
I like using freshly sliced cauliflower florets in this recipe because the cauliflower maintains its shape and a little bit of crunchiness, and best of all it takes on the pizza flavours and doesn’t overpower the dish with its own flavour. Trust me, you’re going to love it!
Ingredients for Keto Pizza Bites
- fresh cauliflower
- Italian seasoning
- olive oil
- pizza sauce or marinara sauce (no sugar added)
- sliced pepperoni
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
How to Make Keto Pizza Bites with Fresh Cauliflower
Time needed: 25 minutes
Use these tips for the perfect Keto Pizza Bites every time!
- Start with fresh cauliflower
Using fresh cauliflower in this recipe as the base of the pizza bites gives them the perfect texture. Slice the florets thinly so they’re flat on both sides.
- Use oil and spices.
Brush the sliced cauliflower florets with olive oil and sprinkle on some Italian seasoning.
- Roast at a high heat.
Roast the cauliflower at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 8-9 minutes so it becomes tender.
- Choose your pizza sauce carefully.
Select a pizza sauce that’s free of added sugar and contains only tomatoes, spices and maybe some olive oil.
- Add your toppings in the right order.
Brush on the sauce, add the cheese and then top with the pepperoni. Adding the toppings in this order means the cheese will melt into the cracks in the cauliflower and the toppings won’t slide off the base.
- Don’t forget the flavour!
Add a little bit of parmesan cheese, garlic powder and some more Italian seasoning (optional) before baking again.
- Bake until the cheese browns and bubbles!
Bake for about 5-7 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
Healthy Whole-Food Recipes with Easy Cooking Tips
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
Can I use frozen cauliflower for this recipe?
Yes, although I’d recommend defrosting the frozen cauliflower florets and slicing them in half before using.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes! Feel free to use your favourite vegan pepperoni, vegan cheese, or other vegan pizza toppings.
How should I reheat these Keto Pizza Bites?
They can be reheated in the microwave, but for best results reheat them on a sheet pan or in a baking dish in the oven.
I hope you enjoy this delicious keto recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite low carb comfort food meal? I’d love to know!
Looking for more recipes like this? You’ll LOVE these:
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Creamy Bruschetta Stuffed Mushrooms
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
- Creamy Baked Buffalo Chicken Ranch Dip
- Low Carb Cauliflower Mash
- Ham and Broccoli Crustless Quiche
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL IDEAS?
Get my Quick and Easy 4-Week Meal Plan Guide!
Keto Pizza Bites Recipe Video
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this delicious recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a sheet pan by spraying it with baking spray (or brush with olive oil).
- Slice the head of cauliflower into medium-sized florets, and then slice the florets into flat pieces about 1/2 inch high.
- Arrange the cauliflower slices over the baking sheet. You should have about 32 pieces.
- Brush the cauliflower with the olive oil and sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the cauliflower.
- Roast for about 8-9 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit or until the cauliflower is slightly tender and beginning to brown around the edges.
- While the cauliflower roasts, chop the pepperoni (or choose mini pepperoni, if desired) and shred the cheese if not using pre-shredded.
- Once the cauliflower has roasted, spread the pizza sauce over all the cauliflower pieces.
- Top evenly with the shredded cheese and then the pepperoni.
- Toss the grated parmesan together with the garlic powder and Italian seasoning and sprinkle over the pizza bites.
- Bake for about 5-7 more minutes or until the cheese begins to brown and bubble.
- Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.