These Mini Eggs Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect easy snack or dessert for Easter! Made with my perfect soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie dough and stuffed with delicious candy-coated Mini Eggs, what’s not to love??
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Friends, I’m so excited about this Mini Eggs Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe I’m sharing with you today! A few weeks ago I felt a little bit homesick (our family is Canadian but we’ve lived in Romania for the last year and a half or so) while browsing on Amazon. There are a few token “North American” things we can’t get here and can only find on Amazon, so every 3 months or so we make a small order of our staples like molasses, semi-sweet chocolate chips, canned pumpkin, and a few other random items that make us feel at home. But this time, I was drawn to the Mini Eggs and Creme Eggs…WHY?? I don’t know. We didn’t even really eat that stuff when we lived in Canada but for some reason I clicked ‘Add to Cart’ and here we are. I blame it on the homesickness.
To be fair, it is pretty fun to have North American stuff here and share it with all our European friends and neighbours. They usually have NO idea what we’re talking about, and no one we know here had ever heard about Mini Eggs or Creme Eggs before. But that didn’t stop them from giving them a try and LOVING them…surprise, surprise.
If you know me at all, you’ll know that I really don’t like having sweets and candy just lying around the house to be eaten, so I knew I had to make something tasty with these Mini Eggs, and I had to make it fast. And really, what’s faster and easier than a batch of chocolate chip cookies? Absolutely nothing.
These Mini Eggs Chocolate Chip Cookies are truly the perfect cookie: soft and chewy on the inside with a crispy exterior, and overflowing with warm, candy-coated chocolate eggs in the most beautiful pastel colours. When these came out of the oven I was struck by just how pretty and spring-inspired they are! Aren’t they just gorgeous??
Looking for even more delicious cookie recipes? You’ll LOVE these Best Ever Ginger Molasses Cookies or these Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy these Mini Eggs Chocolate Chip Cookies as much as we do!! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite Easter candy? I’d love to know!
Looking for even more delicious Easter recipes? Before you grab the recipe for these Mini Eggs Chocolate Chip Cookies at the end of this blog post, check out these delicious recipes!
My readers LOVE this Mini Eggs Brownie Parfait dessert!!
This No Churn Creme Egg Ice Cream only calls for 3 ingredients!!
This Classic Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is almost as easy as a cake mix, but WAY tastier!!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Mini Eggs Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups roughly chopped Mini Eggs candy-coated mini Easter eggs
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a stand mixer on high speed (or in a large bowl with a hand mixer) until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and mix well until combined.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda and mix on low speed until combined.
- Add the roughly chopped Mini Eggs, reserving a few pieces to press into the top of each cookie after they're on the baking tray.
- Drop by the tablespoonful onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and press a few Mini Eggs pieces into the top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes or until the tops of the cookies lose their shine on top.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5-10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.