NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin MuffinsThese Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins truly are the best ever! They’re perfectly crispy on the outside, and super fluffy and tender on the inside. Made with real pumpkin puree, they have the perfect amount of sweetness because they’re packed with mini chocolate chips! My kids love them as a treat and my husband can’t get enough of them! Looking for another simple muffin recipe? You’ll LOVE these Apple Carrot Ginger Muffins and these Best Ever Blueberry Streusel Muffins!
How to make the best muffins
- Don’t over mix the batter! This is my TOP TIP for the perfect fluffy muffins!
If you’re left with muffins that are closer in texture to hockey pucks, it’s almost certainly because you mixed the batter too vigorously and for too long. Be gentle with the batter once you add the dry ingredients and stir only until the flour just barely disappears.
Use a wooden spoon and mix by hand to avoid over-mixing. Making muffins with a stand mixer or a hand mixer almost ALWAYS ensures you’ll over-mix, so making them by hand is the way to go!!
- Bake quickly! The leavening agent in muffins is usually baking powder (sometimes with baking soda), which acts quickly as soon as the liquid and dry ingredients come together. To get fluffy muffins with the nice dome shape on top, get them in the oven as fast as you can after mixing.
- Let them cool! No one likes a gummy muffin that’s underdone on the inside. Let the muffins cool until they’re almost room temperature before digging in, since they continue baking on the inside even after they’ve been removed from the oven.
- Add in your favourite things! Like chocolate chips? Throw in a handful (or three)! Nuts, dried fruit and chocolate make great add-ins to your favourite muffin recipes. Usually 3/4 cup of add-ins for a 12-muffin recipe is a good ration to follow.
LOOKING FOR MORE MUFFIN BAKING RECIPES AND TIPS?
Get my guide to Easy No-Fail Muffin Baking!
Looking for a basic Banana Muffin Recipe? Try my BEST EVER BANANA MUFFINS!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
KITCHEN TOOLS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for even more easy muffin recipes? Try these!
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Streusel Muffins
- Rhubarb Streusel Muffins
- Raspberry Lemonade Muffins
- Lemon Pistachio Muffins
- Peach Cobbler Muffins
- Best Ever Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Apple Carrot Ginger Muffins
RECIPE VIDEOWatch the video below to see exactly how I make this muffin recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- 15 oz pumpkin puree (100% pumpkin puree) NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips reserve 1/4 cup for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare muffin tins by lining them with paper liners (24 muffins).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar, and vegetable oil until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and spices and combine with a rubber spatula until no streaks of flour remain.
- Stir in 1 cup of the mini chocolate chips gently.
- Portion the batter into each of the 24 prepared muffin cups, distributing the batter evenly.
- Top the muffins with the remaining 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack in their tins for about 10 minutes before removing them from their tins to cool completely.