Balsamic honey glazed carrots are the perfect fall side dish! Tender roasted carrots coated with a sweet balsamic honey glaze. Our family gobbles these honey roasted carrots up in no time, and I think you’re going to love this recipe as much as we do!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER ** I originally posted this recipe in September 2015. I’m re-sharing it today with a delicious new video and some updated photos! Enjoy!
I came home from the grocery store yesterday with almost 10 different kinds of root vegetables…I think I might have a problem. I just couldn’t walk past the butternut squash, the carrots, the sweet potatoes or the beets without loading up my cart!
Do you love carrots, too? Check out these recipes for Apple Carrot Ginger Muffins and Slow Cooker Carrot Ginger Soup (Dairy-Free).
How do you make honey glazed carrots?Making honey glazed carrots is SO easy, you can practically do it with your eyes closed. You’ll need:
- 14 large carrots (with their tops!) fresh from the garden, farmer’s market, or the produce section of your local grocery store
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- a pinch or two of sea salt
Healthy Whole-Food Recipes with Easy Cooking Tips
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more easy side dish recipes? Try these!!
- Lemon Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes
- Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots
- Dairy-Free Healthier Green Bean Casserole
- Easy Classic Buttermilk Dinner Rolls
- Garlic Butter Dinner Rolls
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY STRESS-FREE HOLIDAY MEAL IDEAS AND RECIPES?
GET MY EASY NO-FAIL HOLIDAY MEALS E-COOKBOOK!
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this classic recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- 14 large carrots with their tops
- 2 tbsp honey or other vegan honey substitute
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt more or less, to taste
- Set your oven to preheat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with a sheet of parchment paper. Don't skip this step! The glaze will caramelize in the oven and if you don't line your baking sheet you're going to have a heck of a time getting it clean! Parchment paper also prevents sticking so you don't have to add any oil or fat to the recipe which keeps it nice and light!
- Wash your carrots very well, making sure to scrub off any lingering mud.
- Snip the tops off leaving about 1 inch of green attached.
- Dry the carrots and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk together the honey and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and brush it on to the carrots. Drizzle any remaining honey mixture over the carrots and roll them around a bit to make sure they're all well coated. Sprinkle a pinch or two of sea salt over the carrots.
- Once the oven has preheated, roast the carrots for 18-22 minutes or until they're roasted to the texture you prefer.
- When you pull them out of the oven they'll be tender and coated with the sticky honey balsamic glaze.
- Transfer carrots to a platter and serve while still immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.