These Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots make the perfect holiday side dish for your Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner! They’re on the table in 30 minutes or less with only 4 ingredients and under 15 minutes of prep!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
The holidays are fast approaching and before you know it, it’ll be time to start planning all those holiday dinners! Fortunately for us, since we’re Canadian, our Thanksgiving Day is in October which means we’ve got a nice long break between Thanksgiving and Christmas. But somehow I still always find myself scrambling for easy side dishes to round out our holiday meals! These Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots are one of my favourite side dishes to make for the holidays because they’re quick, easy to throw together in a pinch, and can even be made from frozen carrots. I know… so easy, right!?
When it comes to holiday meals I like to spend my time focusing on the dishes that really shine, like this Roasted Turkey Breast with homemade Cranberry Bacon Stuffing, these Creamy Mashed Potatoes, and this homemade Vegan Green Bean Casserole. And for the rest of the side dishes, simple salads or easy recipes like these Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots are perfectly delicious and keep all that hostess stress in check – hosting a holiday meal is a lot of responsibility! Give yourself a break!
Best Time-Saving Tips for Veggie Side Dishes!
- Choose frozen veggies. Frozen veggies cook faster than fresh and they’re already washed and chopped for you!
- Choose pre-washed and pre-cut veggies. Although they cost a little more, pre-cut veggies in the produce section can save SO much time!
- Keep the flavours simple. Choose basic flavours you have on hand and let the flavours of the vegetables shine!
- Prep ahead of time. If you can, make the side dish ahead of time, cover it, and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake and serve!
LOOKING FOR MORE HEALTHY WHOLE-FOOD RECIPES WITH EASY COOKING TIPS?
GET MY HEALTHY WHOLE-FOOD RECIPES E-COOKBOOK!
My favourite thing about this recipe is that it can be thrown together in less than 15 minutes. Using frozen carrots (thaw them for about an hour before using for best results!) is a huge time saver, and other than that it’s just melting some butter, adding the garlic and parsley, and tossing everything together and into the oven. What could be easier than that!!?? And who doesn’t love their veggies smothered in butter?! Want more side dishes you can prep in 15 minutes or less? Try these!
- Winter Citrus Salad Recipe
- Roasted Green Beens with Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
- Maple Cranberry Coleslaw Recipe
- Roasted Zucchini and Squash
- Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms
- Apple Walnut Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Lemon Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
Looking for more holiday side dishes? CLICK HERE for all my favourite holiday recipes!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite easy side dish for the holidays? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for even more delicious recipes? You’ll love these:
- Maple Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Bacon Dressing
- Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad
- Butternut Squash Pasta Salad
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY STRESS-FREE HOLIDAY MEAL IDEAS AND RECIPES?
GET MY EASY NO-FAIL HOLIDAY MEALS E-COOKBOOK!
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this classic side-dish. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots
- 1 kilogram frozen baby carrots, defrosted for one hour (you can also use fresh - just blanch them in boiling water for about 3 minutes before using)
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted (if using unsalted butter, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt after it's melted) or other vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (if desired)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the baby carrots to your favourite 9-inch by 13-inch (or equivalent size) baking dish.
- Combine the melted butter with the garlic powder and dried parsley and drizzle it over the carrots, tossing well to coat.
- Roast at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes or until the carrots are just barely fork tender.
- Serve immediately.