This Best Ever Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is the perfect no-fail breakfast, snack or sweet treat that’s easy to make and bakes up perfectly every single time!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Happy Monday friends! What better way to start the week than with some fresh, homemade Best Ever Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, am I right? I make this recipe almost weekly in our house and it always vanishes before I even get a slice! It’s my husband and kids’ favourite treat!
LOOKING FOR MORE MUFFIN BAKING RECIPES AND TIPS?
Get my guide to Easy No-Fail Muffin Baking!
I don’t know about you but we sure go through a lot of bananas in our household! We use them daily in our favourite smoothies, in our breakfast oatmeal, in healthy muffins (and not-s0-healthy muffins too!). We even add them to our favourite pancakes! I seem to always have ripe bananas lying around and so this Best Ever Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is my go-to recipe for using them up! Feel free to make this recipe with or without the chocolate chips! It’s fantastic either way!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? YOU’LL LOVE MY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS OR THESE BEST EVER BANANA MUFFINS!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Best Ever Chocolate Chip Banana Bread as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite sweet snack to make at home? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more recipes like this? You’ll LOVE these:
LOOKING FOR MORE KID-APPROVED MEALS?
Get my 1-Week Kid-Friendly Meal Plan for busy families!
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- butter for greasing the loaf pan
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil canola or vegetable oil is best
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a standard (9-inch by 5-inch) loaf pan with butter, lining it with parchment paper if desired.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until no large pieces remain.
- Add the sugar, egg and oil and mix with a wooden spoon until everything is incorporated.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a separate mixing bowl and stir them together with a fork. Once they’re mixed together, dump the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Using a wooden spoon, carefully mix the wet and the dry ingredients together. The danger here is over-mixing which will result in a dense, flat and dry loaf. The best technique for mixing is to scoop underneath the mixture and pull up gently instead of stirring around in a circle (like you’d stir your coffee, for example). Continue mixing this way just until the dry ingredients have been incorporated. It’s fine if there are a few small streaks of flour in the batter; it’s the large pockets of flour you want to make sure are incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir them in gently, just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin, smoothing it out on top.
- Bake the loaf in the oven at 325 degrees for about 45-55 minutes (depending on your oven), or until it's golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes and then lift it out of the pan using the parchment paper (or turn it out gently if you didn't use the parchment paper) to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice and enjoy!