These Best Ever Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect sweet treat for breakfast, brunch or snack. Make this recipe for moist, tender muffins packed with sweet chocolate chips!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
If you’ve been a reader of The Busy Baker for any length of time you’ll already know how much I love a good muffin. Especially a homemade muffin – like these Best Ever Chocolate Chip Muffins! They’re soft and moist on the inside, just a little bit crispy on the outside, and packed with delicious chocolate chips – trust me, you’re going to LOVE them!
Because I love baking muffins so much I’ve created a No Fail Muffin Baking Course with all my favourite tips and tricks and muffin-baking secrets to get your homemade muffins into tip top shape!
I’ll share a few of these tips later on in this post below but if you want in on this FREE email series, SIGN UP NOW.
These Best Ever Chocolate Chip Muffins are truly the perfect classic muffin. They’re simple to make in only one bowl and they’re the perfect muffin for snacks or lunches!
Looking for even MORE muffin recipes? Try my most popular recipe ever, these Best Ever Banana Muffins!
How to make the perfect chocolate chip muffins
- Don’t over-mix the batter! This is my BEST TIP for the perfect fluffy muffins every single time! If you’re left with muffins that are closer in texture to hockey pucks, it’s almost certainly because you mixed the batter too vigorously and for too long. Be gentle with the batter once you add the dry ingredients and stir only until the flour just barely disappears. Use a wooden spoon or silicone spatula and mix by hand to avoid over-mixing. Making muffins with a stand mixer or a hand mixer almost ALWAYS ensures you’ll over-mix, so making them by hand is the way to go!!
- Bake quickly! The leavening agent in muffins is usually baking powder (sometimes with baking soda), which acts quickly as soon as the liquid and dry ingredients come together. To get fluffy muffins with the nice dome shape on top, get them in the oven as fast as you can after mixing.
- Let them cool! No one likes a gummy muffin that’s underdone on the inside. Let the muffins cool until they’re almost room temperature before digging in, since they continue baking on the inside even after they’ve been removed from the oven.
- Use high quality chocolate chips! Semi-sweei, milk, dark, or even white – any chocolate chips will work in this recipe, but be sure to use good quality chocolate chips…they’ll make or break these muffins!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this delicious muffin recipe as much as we do!
Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite muffin recipe to make? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN TOOLS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for even more delicious muffin recipes? Try these!
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Streusel Muffins
- Rhubarb Streusel Muffins
- Raspberry Lemonade Muffins
- Lemon Pistachio Muffins
- Peach Cobbler Muffins
- Best Ever Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Apple Carrot Ginger Muffins
- Best Ever Banana Muffins
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips plus more for topping (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder to a bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Measure the milk into a 2-cup size liquid measuring cup.
- Add the egg, vanilla and vegetable oil and whisk them together with a fork.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir everything together gently just until combined with a wooden spoon or a silicone spatula - just until no streaks of flour remain.
- Portion the batter into the 12 muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 to 3/4 full. This recipe makes between 12 and 16 muffins, depending on the size of your pan.
- Top each muffin with a couple extra chocolate chips, if desired (this step is optional, but it makes for a beautiful presentation).
- Bake the muffins at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean.