These oven baked chicken breasts are juicy and tender, coated with a simple 5 spice rub. This dinner cooks to perfection in less than 30 minutes! Slice and serve over salads, or enjoy with all your favourite side dishes!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you but I’m often left with random chicken breasts in my freezer that I’m not sure what to do with. If that’s your story too, these oven baked chicken breasts will be your new favourite recipe! They’re SO juicy and tender!
This dinner is one of the best baked chicken recipes – I make them at least once a week! They’re my favourite healthy, low-carb option to have in the fridge.
Tips for making 5 Spice Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
- Pound the chicken to an even thickness. Most chicken breasts have thick and thin ends, which means baking them this way will ensure one end is under cooked and one end is dry. If you pound your chicken breasts to an even thickness with the flat side of a meat mallet, your chicken breasts will bake evenly.
- Pat your chicken dry. Drying the outside of the chicken breasts with some disposable kitchen paper towels will help the spices flavour the chicken and ensure the outside of the chicken breasts doesn’t get dry.
- Don’t skip the easy chicken rub. Rub the 5 spice blend on with your hands, ensuring you get those spices in every nook and cranny of the chicken and on both the top and bottom.
- Use an oven thermometer. Just because you set the temperature on your oven doesn’t mean your oven actually reaches that exact temperature. Use an oven thermometer to test your oven temperature to make sure it’s accurate – that way you won’t under or over cook your chicken breasts.
- Use a meat thermometer. Using a meat thermometer to cook just until the chicken breasts reach 74 degrees Celsius (165 Fahrenheit) will ensure the chicken stays perfectly moist and juicy. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, it’s a worthwhile investment that won’t break the bank. THIS ONE is my favourite (affiliate link), but one of my other favourites for this recipe is about $7 from Ikea.
- Let the meat rest. Let the chicken rest for at least 7 minutes before slicing into it. Tent some aluminum foil over the chicken while it rests. As a result, it will stay nice and juicy inside!
Looking for more delicious baked chicken recipes?
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I think this is the best baked chicken recipe, so I hope you love it as much as we do!
Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to enjoy chicken breasts? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
Looking for even more weeknight main dishes? You’ll LOVE these:
- Easy Homemade Rotisserie Chicken
- Easy One Pot Pasta Primavera
- Creamy Enchilada One Pot Pasta
- Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- Chicken Breasts with White Wine Mushroom Sauce
Watch the video below to see exactly how to make the 5 Spice Oven Baked Chicken Breast. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
Best Ever Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board or clean work surface and pound the thick side of the breasts gently with the flat side of a meat mallet, making sure to pound them to an even thickness (to help them bake evenly).
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with some kitchen paper towel and set them aside.
- Combine all the spices, salt and pepper in a small bowl, mixing them together well with a spoon.
- Using your hands, rub the spice mixture over the chicken breasts on all sides.
- Place the chicken breasts into the baking dish and bake for about 22 to 24 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the middle of one of the chicken breasts reads 165 Fahrenheit (74 Celsius). Get my favourite meat thermometer HERE.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and tent some aluminum foil over the baking dish for about 5-7 minutes before slicing and serving. https://amzn.to/39NSVKR