This Chef’s Salad with Egg is a filling, protein-packed salad that eats like a meal! With hard boiled eggs, avocado, bacon, and veggies, and a simple ranch dressing!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
If you’ve been a reader of The Busy Baker for awhile you’ll already know all about my love affair with salads. I LOVE a good salad, especially one that eats like a meal – like this Chef’s Salad with Egg!
Salads that are packed with healthy fats, protein, and tons of veggies are my jam and I often make a good hearty salad on a busy weeknight that both me and my family will enjoy. I often throw together some quick garlic bread for my husband and kids to round out the meal, but I enjoy this Chef’s Salad with Egg all on its own.
Ingredients for Chef’s Salad with Egg
- mixed greens (we like romaine lettuce, butter lettuce, and baby spinach)
- cherry tomatoes
- cucumbers (optional)
- hard boiled eggs
- bacon, ham, grilled turkey or chicken (or a combination)
- green onions
- sliced red onions (optional)
- shredded or cubed cheese (optional)
- my Easy Homemade Ranch Dressing recipe (or your favourite Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing)
How to Make Chef’s Salad with Egg
- Start with crunchy greens. We love a combination of green lettuce (butter lettuce is my favourite) and spinach for this salad.
- Hard Boil your eggs. Gently add your eggs to boiling water and boil for 10 minutes for the perfect, creamy yolk that’s just a little bit soft but not at all runny. Rinse with cold water to halt the cooking process, peel and slice.
- Choose your meat. We love a Chef’s Salad with bacon, but ham, turkey or chicken breast, or even roast beef works too. Or use a combination of your favourites!
- Don’t forget the veggies. Thinly sliced onions, ripe and juicy cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and creamy avocados are the perfect addition to this salad!
- The sky is the limit. If you’re a cheese-lover, add some cheese to this salad. If you like fresh herbs, add those too.
- Add your dressing. Whether you like ranch or blue cheese, a creamy dressing is the perfect way to top off this salad!
Is Chef’s Salad healthy?
Yes! Chef’s salad can be made low-carb (there are no croutons in this recipe!), low fat (choose lean meats and low-fat dressing), and it’s packed with healthy veggies.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this fresh salad recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite salad recipe? I’d love to know!
Kitchen products I recommend:
Looking for more delicious healthy salads? You’ll LOVE these!
- Italian Chopped Salad Recipe
- Winter Citrus Salad Recipe
- Pomegranate Kale Quinoa Salad Recipe
- White Bean and Tomato Salad Recipe
- Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- Greek Chickpea Salad Recipe
- Asian Cucumber and Carrot Salad Recipe
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Chef's Salad with Egg
- 8 cups mixed greens romaine, spring mix, butter lettuce, spinach, etc.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 4 hard boiled eggs peeled and halved or quartered
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers optional
- 8 slices bacon cooked to crisp and cut into small pieces
- 1 small avocado cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions or sliced red onions (onions are optional)
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded or cubed (cheese is optional)
- 6 tablespoons Ranch Dressing Try my homemade ranch dressing recipe, or use your favourite ranch dressing
- Hard boil the eggs and cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat until crisp. Rinse the eggs under cold water and pat the bacon with paper towel to remove as much grease as possible. Cut the bacon into small pieces and slice the eggs in halves or quarters.
- Add the mixed greens to a large, shallow bowl.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, bacon pieces, avocado pieces, green onions, and cheese (if using).
- Drizzle the Ranch Dressing on top, toss and serve.