This Classic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing Recipe is perfect for any salad and it’s so easy to make with basic pantry ingredients! And it’s SO much tastier & healthier than store-bought dressing!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you but in our house salads are everybody’s favourite way to eat their veggies! This Classic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing Recipe is almost always in our fridge and we enjoy it several times a week on homemade garden salads I serve alongside our favourite main dishes.
It’s easy to make, it calls for basic pantry ingredients, and you’re going to LOVE it!!
How to Make a Homemade Salad Dressing Recipe
Most homemade salad dressings can be made by shaking the ingredients together in a mason jar or salad dressing shaker.
Sometimes it’s a good idea to use a blender to create an extra smooth texture, but that’s not required for this recipe.
Mason jars are a great kitchen tool to have on hand for recipes like this Classic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing. They’re airtight, so you don’t have to worry about spills, they’re dishwasher safe and easy to clean, and they’re great for more than just salad dressings – I use them for smoothies, homemade jams, soups, and other food storage. Get my favourite go-to Mason jars HERE (affiliate link).
Classic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing Recipe Ingredients
To make this salad dressing recipe, you’ll need:
- olive oil
- white wine vinegar (substitute red wine vinegar, if you wish)
- dijon mustard
How long does homemade salad dressing last in the fridge?
This salad dressing recipe will keep well in the fridge in an airtight jar or container for up to 2 weeks. Be sure to shake well before serving.
Is this salad dressing recipe low carb?
Yes! 2 tablespoons of this Classic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing contains under 1 gram of carbohydrates and contains no sugar or sweeteners.
Can I make this salad dressing in a blender?
Yes! The texture will be a lot creamier, but making this salad dressing in a jar will work just fine.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite salad dressing? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more delicious salad recipes? You’ll love these!!
- Berry Walnut Spinach Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Bacon Dressing
- Quick and Easy Greek Pasta Salad
- Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
Classic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing Recipe
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 7 tablespoons white wine vinegar substitute red wine vinegar, if desired
- 3 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, very finely minced or use 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (use minced fresh basil, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (use minced fresh thyme, if desired)
- Add the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic, basil and thyme to a mason jar.
- Add the lid and secure it tightly.
- Shake well until a smooth dressing forms.
- Serve over your favourite green or garden salads, or store in the fridge in a jar or other airtight container until ready to serve.