This Easy Pumpkin Cranberry Cake is the perfect easy fall or winter dessert! An easy one-bowl pumpkin cake batter with fresh cranberries, this cake is moist and flavourful and topped with a dusting of powdered sugar!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you but there’s almost nothing I love more than fall and winter baking. I absolutely adore mixing up some hearty muffins or a delicious one-bowl cake for my family to enjoy during the cold months of the year and this Easy Pumpkin Cranberry Cake is our family’s latest favourite!
We’ve travelled pretty extensively in Western Europe and now that we live in Eastern Europe we’ve observed something that’s present in many of the European cultures: Europeans LOVE their cake! And I’m not talking about the typical North American cake with a truck load of sticky sweet frosting on it – no, Europeans love their simple cakes made with fruit, nuts or often a streusel topping, served with a cup of coffee or tea and maybe a little unsweetened whipped cream on the side or a dusting of powdered sugar. These cakes they enjoy aren’t too sweet at all actually, but they’re SO delicious and perfectly easy to make.
This Easy Pumpkin Cranberry Cake is a nod to the European cake-and-coffee-in-the-afternoon tradition and it’s our family’s latest favourite dessert for this fall and winter season. I just know you’re going to love it too!!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? You’ll love this No Bake Pumpkin Gingerbread Icebox Cake and these Pumpkin Spice Streusel Muffins!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite fall or winter-style cake to enjoy? I’d love to know!
Kitchen products I recommend:
Looking for more fall and winter desserts? You’ll LOVE these!
- Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with Mascarpone Buttercream
- Best Ever Chocolate Glazed Donut Bundt Cake
- Black Forest Icebox Cake
- Chocolate Mocha Tiramisu Icebox Cake
- Caramel Apple Streusel Cake
- Easy No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this easy recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Easy Pumpkin Cranberry Cake
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 ounces or 425 grams)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- powdered sugar for dusting on top after baking
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch pan with high sides with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper (for easy release). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar, and vegetable oil with a whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt, and mix them into the wet ingredients with a rubber spatula just until no streaks of flour remain.
- Add the cranberries and mix them into the batter gently, just until they're distributed evenly throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean (check the cake at 40 minutes if your pan is any larger than 9x13).
- Let the cake cool completely in the pan (on a wire rack, if possible). Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.