*I originally shared this recipe in August 2015. I’m re-sharing the post again today with updated photos and a brand new video tutorial!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:The Tallest Poppy (a hip little diner in West Broadway…we stood out like a sore thumb), we shopped, we strolled, and we talked without interruption. We got all dressed up and went out for a fancy-schmancy dinner at Hy’s (a high-end steakhouse in Canada) and ate fresh oysters and filet mignon cooked in gobs of butter. And then we came home, changed into shorts and flip-flops (much more our style), went to a late movie, and ate a bucket of movie theatre popcorn drenched in butter, inhaled a bag of gummy candy, and drank diet coke (I know. That stuff is just terrible. Please don’t judge me).
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
LOOKING FOR MORE REFRESHING DRINKS? TRY MY DAIRY-FREE MOCHA CARAMEL FRAPPUCCINO, OR THIS SPARKLING PEACH MANGO REFRESHER!We had so much fun and enjoyed every quiet moment, but we’re both feeling the need to get back to our regular healthy eating habits after a weekend of treats. So this morning I’m hitting the ‘reset’ button and enjoying this Green Apple Spinach Smoothie for breakfast! It’s green, it’s healthy and it’s the perfect breakfast to start the week off on a healthy note! And you don’t just have to enjoy this delicious Green Apple Spinach Smoothie for breakfast – it’s often our favourite afternoon snack to enjoy, and it’s great for busy days when we’re on the go!
LOOKING FOR MORE REFRESHING DRINKS? TRY MY DAIRY-FREE MOCHA CARAMEL FRAPPUCCINO, OR THIS SPARKLING PEACH MANGO REFRESHER!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more delicious and healthy drink recipes? Check out a few of our other favourite drink recipes!
- Healthy Green Protein Smoothie
- Blueberry Kale Power Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Orange Power Smoothie
- Raspberry Peach Green Tea Smoothie
- Berry Banana Oat Smoothie
- Berry Banana Oat Smoothie
- Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie Bowl
- Cranberry Smoothies with Strawberries
RECIPE VIDEOWatch the video below to see exactly how I make this great breakfast drink. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Green Apple Spinach Smoothie
This Green Apple Spinach Smoothie is a sweet and healthy way to start the day! It makes a delicious breakfast packed with nutrients and fibre, and it's a great wholesome snack any time of the day! It can be made vegan and dairy-free!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 smoothies
- 2 Granny Smith apples cored and cut into chunks
- 1 banana
- 2 a large handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt, or the dairy-free yogurt of your choice (we like coconut yogurt)
- 1 cup cold water, apple juice, milk or dairy-free milk
- Add all the ingredients to your blender. Leave the peels on the apples for added nutrients and fibre (be sure to wash them well first).
- Blend on high speed until well blended and smooth.
If you enjoy your smoothies a little more on the sweet side, feel free to add a tablespoon of honey, agave syrup or maple syrup before blending.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 453mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg