This Healthy Avocado Ranch Dressing Recipe is the perfect alternative to store-bought ranch dressing! It’s full of healthy fats, lean protein and packed with delicious ranch flavour! And it’s easy to make!
Salad season is upon us and every time we go to the market we are overwhelmed with all the fresh veggies and greens – it’s the perfect time of year to pull out all our favourite salad dressing recipes and this Healthy Avocado Ranch Dressing is right at the top of the list!!
In Europe where we live it’s almost impossible to find conventional salad dressings at the grocery store. It’s just not a thing here because people mostly dress their salads with simple vinaigrette dressings made from oil, vinegar and herbs. Truthfully, we don’t miss bottled salad dressings at all – they’re packed with unnecessary fat and sugar and all kinds of preservatives. We much prefer making our own dressings at home from whole food ingredients, and this Healthy Avocado Ranch Dressing is full of healthy foods!
HEALTHY WHOLE FOOD RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
To make this recipe it is helpful to have these items on hand (affiliate links):
- a bowl
- a good whisk
- a garlic press
- mason jars
- my favourite salad dressing shaker (large size)
- my favourite salad dressing shaker (small size)
- a high-speed blender
- a hand-held immersion blender
To make this recipe you will need:
- greek yogurt
- fresh lemon juice
- dijon mustard
- fresh garlic
- scallions or green onions
- fresh basil leaves
Time needed: 15 minutes
Follow these steps to make this healthy Avocado Ranch dressing.
- Blend Ingredients
Add the flesh of the avocados into a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend on high until combined.
Blend the ingredients until smooth. If the dressing appears too thick, add one tablespoon at a time, and blend until the right consistency is achieved.
- Store in a Mason Jar
Pour into a mason jar or another airtight container and store in the fridge.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, this recipe can be made one to two days before serving if it is stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Can this recipe be made dairy free?
Yes, you can substitute coconut yogurt for the greek yogurt to make it dairy free.
How long can I store this dressing in the fridge?
This dressing, when stored in an airtight container, keeps up to five days in the fridge.
We hope you like this salad dressing as much as we do! Let us know in the comments below, what’s your favourite salad dressing that you’d like to see as a recipe on thebusybaker.ca? We’d love to know!
TRY OUR MEAL PLANS!
Let us do the work for you with 7 days of deliciously easy family dinners, grocery lists, meal prep guides and MORE!
Buy 2, save 20%!
Buy 3, save 30%!
Buy 4 or more, save 40%!
Watch the video below to see exactly how we make this amazing vinaigrette. You can find more delicious recipe videos on our YouTube channel.
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- 2 medium avocados, ripe
- 1/2 cup low fat Greek yogurt (substitute coconut yogurt to make it dairy-free!)
- 1/3 cup low fat mayonnaise (or use vegan mayonnaise to make it vegan!)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or very finely minced
- 3 scallions, chopped finely (or green onions)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- sea salt and pepper to taste (start with a pinch)
- a few tablespoons of cold water, only if necessary to achieve the right consistency
- Add the flesh of the avocados to your blender, along with the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, scallions, basil, chives and salt and pepper.
- Blend on high speed until very smooth. If the dressing appears too thick (this will depend on the consistency of the yogurt and the avocados), add a tablespoon of water to the blender and blend again until smooth. Add water one tablespoon at a time until the right consistency is reached.
- Pour into a mason jar or other airtight container and chill in the fridge for about one hour before serving.
- Serve over your favourite garden salad, or use as a dip for fresh veggies!
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.