NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:Homemade Blue Cheese Salad Dressing and this delicious Honey Mustard Salad Dressing. It’s so creamy and delicious and it’s got the perfect balance of sweet and tangy. If you’re a fan of honey mustard even a little bit you’re going to LOVE this dressing!!
Ingredients for Homemade Honey Mustard Salad DressingTo make this salad dressing recipe you’ll need:
- Dijon Mustard
- Grainy Mustard
- Liquid Honey
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt (optional)
How to Make Homemade Honey Mustard Salad DressingMaking honey mustard salad dressing is SO easy!
- Start with good quality mayonnaise. Making homemade dressings with mayo means the flavour of the mayonnaise matters. Try a high-quality, healthy mayonnaise made with avocado oil and without added sugars (Primal Kitchen makes a good one).
- Use good quality Dijon. We love Maille Dijon mustard best because it’s got a smooth flavour with a nice kick.
- Use liquid honey. Liquid honey works best in this recipe – creamed honey doesn’t have the same flavour and it can make the dressing too thick.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Letting the flavours meld is essential, so store your homemade honey mustard salad dressing in a container or mason jar for at least one hour in the fridge before serving on your favourite green salads!
Healthy Whole-Food Recipes with Easy Cooking Tips
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
How to store salad dressingMason jars are a great kitchen tool to have on hand for things like this homemade honey mustard salad dressing recipe. They’re airtight, so you don’t have to worry about spills, they’re dishwasher safe and easy to clean, and they’re great for more than just salad dressings. I use them for smoothies, homemade jams, soups, and other food storage. Get my favourite go-to Mason jars HERE (affiliate link). Aside from mason jars, one of my absolute FAVOURITE kitchen tools is this OXO Good Grips Salad Dressing Shaker (affiliate link). I make homemade salad dressing all the time because the bottled stuff isn’t readily available where I live. I also like being able to control the amount of fat and sugar I’m pouring over my salads, and making homemade dressings is a good way to know exactly what you’re putting into your body. This salad dressing shaker is PERFECT for making homemade salad dressings in a flash!! It allows you to measure ingredients right into the shaker (with the handy measurements on the side), it forms an airtight seal to keep the salad dressing fresh (and it’s good for shaking too!), and it pours beautifully thanks to the spout. It fits nicely in the fridge, and it’s seriously one of my favourite kitchen items ever! Looking for more salad dressing recipes to make at home? Try my Easy Honey Lemon Vinaigrette Salad Dressing, this Easy Homemade Ranch Dressing, or this Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad Dressing!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS SUMMER DESSERT IDEAS?
GET MY SUMMER DESSERTS E-COOKBOOK!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more delicious salad recipes? You’ll love these!!
- Berry Walnut Spinach Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Bacon Dressing
- Quick and Easy Greek Pasta Salad
- Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Grapefruit and Arugula Salad
- Best Ever Creamy Italian Salad Dressing
Recipe VideoWatch the video below to see exactly how I make this recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- Add the mayonnaise, mustards, honey, and apple cider vinegar to a bowl and whisk together well until combined. You can also add everything to a mason jar and shake to combine.
- Add a pinch or two of salt, if desired (taste the dressing and add salt to your taste. I often don't add salt to the dressing at all).
- Store in a mason jar or airtight container for about one hour in the fridge before serving on all your favourite salads!
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.