This Healthy Instant Pot Applesauce is the easiest homemade applesauce recipe you’ll ever make with only 2 ingredients! Ready in 20 minutes and no sugar added!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Hi friends! Apple season is upon us and where I live juicy and delicious apples are very plentiful all throughout the late-summer and early-fall. I absolutely love baking with fresh, local apples and I love making applesauce too! This Healthy Instant Pot Applesauce is one of my favourite applesauce recipes to make in a pinch, and I know you’ll love it too!
I grew up picking apples every fall with my grandparents from their trees, and I watched my mom and grandma make homemade apple jelly, homemade apple juice and homemade applesauce, along with all different kinds of apple baked goods like pies, cakes and apple crisp. Over the years I’ve made my own applesauce from scratch and experimented with lots of ways to use up all our fall apples, and this Healthy Instant Pot Applesauce is one of my favourite new ways to make this sweet treat.
The best thing about making applesauce from scratch is that you’re able to control the ingredients that go into it. Applesauce from the grocery store often contains added sugar and preservatives, but this Healthy Instant Pot Applesauce contains only apples and cinnamon, and just a little bit of water.
How to make Applesauce in the Instant Pot
Making applesauce in the instant pot is so easy.
- Add chopped apples with the skin on (remove the core).
- Add some cinnamon and just a bit of water.
- Cook on high pressure for about 10 minutes and release the pressure manually.
- Use an immersion blender to make the applesauce as smooth or as chunky as you prefer!
My family’s favourite way to enjoy homemade applesauce is in a bowl with a few chocolate chips on top! Enjoying it this way makes it the perfect easy dessert for after dinner, that’s kid-friendly and a healthy choice too!
Looking for more apple recipes? Try these Easy Healthy Apple Chips or this lightened-up Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this applesauce recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to enjoy applesauce? I’d love to know!
Looking for more delicious fall recipes?? Try these favourites below!!
Kitchen products I recommend:
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Healthy Instant Pot Applesauce
- Instant Pot
- Immersion Blender
- 22 medium apples (I use a combination of Gala and Spartan)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup water
- Wash the apples and cut them into slices or chunks, removing the core.
- Add the apple pieces to the pot of your Instant Pot and add the cinnamon and water.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add the lid and seal the Instant Pot, turning the valve to "sealing".
- Set to pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- When the Pressure Cook time is finished, carefully turn the release valve to "venting" using a long pair of tongs or another long kitchen tool so you don't burn your hand, arm or face. It's a good idea to do this under an exhaust fan in your kitchen, if you have one.
- Remove the lid and puree with an immersion blender (or in a standard blender in batches).
- Cool, and enjoy!