This Healthy Pumpkin Oat Bread is moist and delicious and packed with real pumpkin, applesauce, and whole grain oats! It’s moist and delicious, and perfect for fall!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
It’s officially back-to-school time in our house and for me that means I’m a work-at-home AND homeschooling mama again. I’ll be honest, it’s a little overwhelming but thankfully I’m good to go in the after-school snack department, thanks to this delicious Healthy Pumpkin Oat Bread Recipe! Truthfully, this is one of my favourite recipes to make in the fall. It’s really the perfect healthy snack for our family because it’s packed with pureed pumpkin, applesauce, and rolled oats, and it’s a snap to make – in only one bowl! My kids love it, and I just know you’re going to love this fall recipe too!
How to Bake Low Fat Muffins or Bread
Baked goods need moisture to stay together and fat is usually the ingredient that brings moisture (and flavour) to everybody’s favourite muffins and loaves. Here are some of my favourite ingredients that you can add to replace up to half the oil in your favourite muffin or loaf recipes:
- mashed bananas
- pureed pumpkin
- unsweetened applesauce
- pureed beets
- pureed pears
- pureed zucchini
LOOKING FOR MORE MUFFIN BAKING RECIPES AND TIPS?
Get my guide to Easy No-Fail Muffin Baking!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite pumpkin recipe for fall? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN TOOLS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? You’ll love these: Best Ever Pumpkin Spice Bread Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Cranberry Pumpkin Cake Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Latte Pumpkin Spice Baked Donuts No Bake Pumpkin Spice Latte Tiramisu Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS PUMPKIN RECIPES, PLUS FALL BAKING TIPS AND TRICKS?
Get my Pumpkin Recipes E-Cookbook!
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this delicious recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Healthy Pumpkin Oat Bread
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned is best)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats plus a few tablespoons for sprinkling
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds for sprinkling on before baking
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a standard loaf tin by greasing it with oil or butter, and lining the bottom and sides with parchment paper (for easy removal).
- To a large bowl, add the pumpkin, applesauce, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and canola oil. Whisk these ingredients together with a wire whisk until they're combined.
- To the wet ingredients, add the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and spices. Mix the dry ingredients together a little bit with your fingers before using a rubber spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Don't over-mix here, but stop as soon as you see the flour disappear.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan you've prepared. Sprinkle a few oats and a few pumpkin seeds onto the top of the loaf before putting it in the oven to bake.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely.