This Iced Matcha Latte is is the perfect refreshing matcha drink – Simple matcha green tea, maple syrup to sweeten, and foamed milk over ice! Easy to make dairy-free and sugar-free!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
If you’re looking for a way to cut back on your coffee consumption this new year, we’ve got you covered! This Iced Matcha Latte is SO delicious, it’s the perfect make-at-home coffee-shop drink for matcha lovers.
If you’ve been around here for awhile you’ll already know how much we love making restaurant-quality recipes at home, not only to save time and money but also because cooking at home is often a healthier choice! Making coffee shop-style drinks is no exception, and iced lattes are one of our favourite afternoon pick-me-ups – this Iced Matcha Latte is SO easy, inexpensive, and quick to make. Trust us, you’ll love it!
And if you’re dairy-free, eating low carb, or need a decaf option, this Iced Matcha Latte can be made to suit almost any diet. If you want the full coffee shop experience, make it with maple syrup and whole milk. If you’re dairy-free, feel free to substitute the milk for your favourite dairy-free barista blend. If you’re low-carb, keto or sugar free, skip the maple syrup and sweeten your latte with a few drops of your favourite stevia or other low-calorie sweetener!
Ingredients for Iced Matcha Latte:
- hot water
- green tea matcha powder
- maple syrup
How to make a Iced Matcha Latte
- Bloom the matcha. Dissolve the matcha powder in the hot water to create the matcha green tea concentrate.
- Froth the milk. Use a milk frother if you have one (on the cold setting), use a hand held frother, or just shake the milk really well in a mason jar.
- Add the maple syrup. Sweeten this Iced Matcha Latte with maple syrup (or honey, if you prefer).
- Don’t forget the ice. Pour everything over ice, and enjoy!
What kitchen equipment do I need to make an iced matcha latte?
An electric milk frother is a great tool for frothing milk, and a small bowl and whisk is perfect for blooming the matcha powder.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite homemade drink? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more delicious drinks? You’ll LOVE these:
- Healthy 3-Ingredient Lemonade
- Homemade Caramel Frappuccino
- Watermelon Green Tea Refresher
- Healthy Strawberry Lemonade
- Healthy Cucumber Lemonade
- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
- Healthy Homemade Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade
- Healthy Homemade Iced Tea
- Dirty Chai Latte
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
Iced Matcha Latte
- hand-held milk frother
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey, or other sweetener of your choice)
- 2 cups whole milk (or use dairy-free alternative milk)
- 2 cups ice
- Bloom the matcha green tea powder in the hot water until dissolved.
- Add the maple syrup (or other sweetener) to the milk and froth (or shake in a mason jar).
- Add one cup of ice each to two glasses.
- Pour the sweetened milk into the glasses over the ice (divide between two glasses).
- Pour half the matcha mixture into each glass, stir, and enjoy.