These Rainbow Carrots are the perfect simple side dish with an easy honey glaze – on the table in 25 minutes and only 5 ingredients!
I don’t know about you but I’m always looking for new vegetable side dishes, especially around the holidays. Thankfully our family loves veggies, and roasting veggies is one of my favourite ways to enjoy them! These Rainbow Carrots are perfectly roasted with an easy glaze, and they make the most delicious, easy and colourful holiday side!
I’ve shared SO many of my favourite veggie-based sides with you before, like these Roasted Garlic Butter Carrots, these Brussels Sprouts with Caramelized Onions, Cranberries and Pistachios, these Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes, and this Kale Pomegranate Salad, and I’m happy to be adding these Rainbow Carrots to the list, along with 15 MORE of our favourite holiday sides!
LOOKING FOR MORE HEALTHY WHOLE-FOOD RECIPES WITH EASY COOKING TIPS?
GET MY HEALTHY WHOLE-FOOD RECIPES E-COOKBOOK!
And if you’re looking for EVEN MORE holiday meal solutions, including sides, desserts, the BEST easy mashed potatoes, turkey and gravy, I’ve got your back! I’ve created a delicious Easy No-Fail Holiday Meals cookbook with all my best recipes, tips, and tricks for a simple and tasty holiday meal that just might save your holiday season!
Ingredients for Rainbow Carrots
- fresh rainbow carrots
- olive oil
- dried thyme
- salt and pepper
How to Make Rainbow Carrots
Time needed: 25 minutes.
Follow these tips for perfectly roasted carrots every single time!
- Trim the carrot tops.
Leaving too much of the carrots tops on will prevent the carrots from fitting on your baking sheet, and most of the carrot tops will burn if you leave them on. Leave only an inch or two for some style.
- Wash well, but leave the skins on if possible.
Scrub the carrots if they’re not already clean, but don’t peel them if you can avoid it. Leaving the skin adds a lot of flavour.
- Dry the carrots.
Adding wet carrots to your baking sheet will cause the glaze to slip right off the carrots. In order for it to stick, the carrots should be as dry as possible.
- Brush the glaze on generously.
Be sure the carrots are coated on all sides.
- Roast and serve.
Roast the carrots for 20 minutes, but watch them after 18 minutes to be sure they don’t burn.
Rainbow carrots are a variety of different coloured carrots including orange, purple, yellow, white and even red.
Each colour tastes a little bit different, some are sweeter than others, but they all taste like carrots and they’re all delicious!
I hope you enjoy this side dish recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite veggie side dish for the holidays? I’d love to know!
Like this holiday recipe? You’ll love these recipes too:
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- Easy Green Bean Casserole
- Maple Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Juicy Roast Turkey and Gravy
- Cranberry Sauce
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY STRESS-FREE HOLIDAY MEAL IDEAS AND RECIPES?
GET MY EASY NO-FAIL HOLIDAY MEALS E-COOKBOOK!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 50 baby rainbow carrots with tops attached
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a large baking sheet with some baking spray or olive oil spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Wash the carrots well, cutting down the tops but leaving on several inches of the green tops.
- Add the carrots to the sheet pan and generously brush the carrots on all sides with the glaze.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, checking them after about 17-18 minutes to be sure they don't burn. The cooking time might need to be adjusted depending on thickness of the carrots, so feel free to slice the carrots lengthwise and roast like that if your carrots are particularly thick. Test the carrots with a fork to see if they're done – the fork should pierce the carrot with some resistance.
- Serve immediately.