This Watermelon Green Tea Refresher is a delicious alcohol-free cocktail that’s both healthy and delicious, featuring fresh watermelon and lemon, and green tea!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I am a tea-lover. If you’ve been around here for awhile you’ll know that I don’t really drink coffee, so tea is my bag (see what I did there??). For most of the year you’ll find me within arm’s reach of my favourite tea mug full of herbal tea, all day every day. Most of the time I’m drinking it cold because, you know, I’m a mom of preschoolers and all those memes on Facebook about moms finally finishing their cold coffee at 3pm apply to us tea-drinking moms too!!
I rarely drink hot tea in the summer months but for the last few summers I’ve found myself constantly brewing herbal tea to enjoy on ice. I try to keep a pitcher of iced green tea in my fridge as soon as spring hits since it’s thirst-quenching and full of
antioxidants. I love drinking water but sometimes when you have the urge to enjoy something other than water, iced herbal tea is a great, healthy choice.
When the weather turns warm it can be hard to resist all those sweet beverages at barbecues and parties – warm days call for a sweet and refreshing drink and unfortunately most cocktail-inspired beverages contain little more than empty calories. This Watermelon Green Tea Refresher is made from unsweetened green tea, fresh, ripe watermelon and a splash of lemon or lime juice so it’s thirst-quenching and full of summery goodness without all that sugar!
So at your next party, you can be the one with a delicious drink in your hand and know that it’s good for you too!
Looking for more refreshing drinks? Try my Dairy-Free Mocha Caramel Frappuccino, or this Sparkling Peach Mango Refresher!
If you’re serving this delicious mocktail to friends it looks great in mason jars with a cute paper straw, but you could also serve it in some margarita glasses at a party…or while you drink it in your sweats with your hair in a bun, snacking on some delicious homemade sweet and salty popcorn, like I do!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
This recipe makes 2-3 servings and since it’s sweetened only with fresh fruit, it’s the perfect no-guilt refreshing treat!!
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know in the comments below if you give it a try!
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
Looking for more warm-weather drink recipes like this? Try these recipes!
- Raspberry Peach Green Tea Smoothie
- Healthy Cucumber Lemonade
- Healthy Homemade Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade
- Green Apple Spinach Smoothie
- Healthy Strawberry Lemonade
- Healthy Blueberry Lemonade
- Healthy Homemade Iced Tea
- Sparkling Peach Mango Refresher
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this cool drink. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Watermelon Green Tea Refresher
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups green tea , brewed and chilled
- 4 cups watermelon , cubed and seeded, chilled
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice (use lime if you'd prefer)
- some lemon slices for garnish (or lime, if you'd prefer)
- A few hours in advance (or even the day before), steep a green tea bag in some freshly boiled water. Set it aside to cool to room temperature and then stick it in the fridge to chill (adding a few ice cubes always helps!).
- Once your green tea is chilled, add 1 1/2 cups of it to your blender. Add the chilled watermelon cubes and lemon juice.
- Blend on high speed for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until the mixture is completely blended.
- Pour into a glasses and serve with a slice of lemon!