These Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables are perfectly cooked – tender and juicy with the best oven-roasted flavour. Ready in under 15 minutes!
Here at The Busy Baker we’re always in search of new ways to prepare healthy, nutrient-dense foods that also save us time. With a family to feed and a busy schedule it’s not always easy to get a healthy meal on the table, but this Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables Recipe is one we come back to again and again for a quick and simple side dish that the whole family loves!
These roasted vegetables made in the air fryer pair perfectly with grilled meats or pan fried fish, roasted potatoes, rice, or even a pasta salad for a quick weeknight dinner.
If you’ve been gifted an Air Fryer for the holidays and it’s been sitting on your shelf collecting dust, or if you’ve been thinking about picking up an Air Fryer for awhile but haven’t yet, we’d HIGHLY recommend getting started. An Air Fryer is a fantastic kitchen appliance for achieving that oven-crisp or fried texture in a fraction of the time with next to no added fat, and to be honest it’s a kitchen appliance we’d have a hard time living without!
We love to make our favourite potato wedges in the air fryer because they come out so nice and crispy and the recipe calls for hardly any oil. Cooking our favourite Air Fryer Salmon is also a delicious way to enjoy lean protein, and this Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables recipe is the perfect veggie-packed side dish to go with it!
HEALTHY WHOLE FOOD RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
Here are a few Air Fryers we recommend, if you don’t already have one (affiliate links):
- A great Air Fryer for space-saving (2 quart capacity)
- The perfect Air Fryer for large families with a dual basket feature
- A standard Air Fryer for everyday use (works well for a family of 2 to 4 people)
- A large Air Fryer for everyday use (works well for a family of 2 to 4 people)
To make this recipe you’ll also need (affiliate links):
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- red onion
- yellow bell pepper
- red bell pepper
- olive oil
- garlic powder
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Follow these steps for the BEST air fryer roasted vegetables!
- Chop the veggies in the correct size.
When using multiple kinds of veggies in the same dish, we recommend chopping them strategically so they cook evenly. This means for harder vegetables (like carrots), we slice them more thinly. For softer vegetables (like bell peppers), we chop them in larger pieces. This way the vegetables become tender all at the same time and you avoid over-cooking some while under-cooking others.
- Toss them in the oil and seasonings first.
Use a mixing bowl for this step and toss all the vegetables in the olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Roast in a single layer.
Overcrowding the air fryer with veggies means they’ll steam instead of roast. Air Fry in a single layer to promote caramelization.
- Toss once during cooking.
After about 8 minutes in the air fryer, toss the veggies once and then air fry for an additional 3-4 minutes.
How to roast vegetables
Roast vegetables in the air fryer in a single layer. This helps them roast instead of steaming, and allows for perfectly caramelized veggies.
How long to roast vegetables
It takes about 12 minutes to roast vegetables in the air fryer and about 15-20 minutes to roast vegetables in the oven.
Can you roast frozen vegetables?
Yes! Simply add about 5-6 minutes of additional cooking time.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, although we recommend enjoying these veggies immediately after air frying for best results.
How can I reheat leftover Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables?
To reheat, simply add the veggies to the air fryer and air fry for about 3-4 minutes.
We hope you enjoy this air fryer recipe as much as we do! Let us know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to enjoy fresh veggies? We’d love to know!
TRY OUR MEAL PLANS!
Let us do the work for you with 7 days of deliciously easy family dinners, grocery lists, meal prep guides and MORE!
Buy 2, save 20%!
Buy 3, save 30%!
Buy 4 or more, save 40%!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup zucchini thickly sliced
- 1 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup white mushrooms halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add all the chopped veggies to a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to toss very well.
- Add the veggies to the air fryer. Avoid overcrowding them and place them in the air fryer in a single layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer you may have to cook the veggies in 2 batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Set your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) and add the veggies in a single layer.
- Air fry for 8 minutes. Toss the veggies once after 8 minutes of air frying and air fry for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.