These Grilled Chicken Legs are a super easy summer main dish on the barbecue or indoor grill! Tender and juicy, with a simple marinade!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
One of my favourite things about summer is grilling! It’s such a healthy way to enjoy our favourite foods and the options are endless! These grilled chicken legs make an appearance at our summer dinner table often and they’re truly just so delicious and easy to make. If you’re new to grilling this is a GREAT recipe to start with!
Grilled Chicken Legs Ingredients
- 8 chicken legs, bone-in and skin-on
- white wine
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- Italian seasoning
- fresh garlic
- smoked paprika
How to Make Grilled Chicken Legs
- Start with the chicken. Choose good-quality chicken legs that are bone-in and skin-on. Trim any excess fat.
- Use dry herbs in the marinade. Dry herbs have a ton of flavour and they don’t burn on the grill or in the pan like chopped fresh ones do.
- Mix together the marinade ingredients. Whisk them together until the marinade is smooth.
- Marinate for 20 minutes to 2 hours. Marinating for 2 hours will optimize the flavour, but if you’re in a rush you can marinate for 20 minutes, or even less.
- Grill or pan fry. This chicken tastes great off the grill but it also works well cooked in a cast iron skillet on the stovetop or an indoor grill – just be sure to cook to an internal temperature of 74 degrees Celsius (165 Fahrenheit).
- Let the chicken rest. Rest the chicken on a plate under some foil (vent it well!) for 5 minutes before serving. This will keep the chicken nice and juicy!
Is marinating chicken healthy?
Yes! Marinating chicken adds very few calories but increases the flavour of the chicken immensely, making it more satisfying.
How long should I marinate chicken?
You can marinate chicken for 20 minutes or up to 12-18 hours in the fridge (or overnight). Any longer than that and you run the risk of the meat becoming tough. Looking for more delicious chicken recipes? You’ll love this Instant Pot Roasted Chicken and Gravy Recipe, this Baked Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken Recipe, and this Easy Oven Roasted Barbecue Chicken Recipe!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this chicken recipe as much as our family does! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to enjoy chicken? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Looking for even more delicious meal ideas? You’ll LOVE these ones I’ve linked below!
- Creamy One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Thai Chicken Spiralized Zucchini Salad
- Ginger Soy Grilled Chicken
- White Wine and Herb Marinated Chicken
- Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- Skillet Pesto Caprese Stuffed Chicken
- Honey Garlic and Lime Chicken
Grilled Chicken Legs
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 chicken legs bone-in, skin-on
- Add the wine, oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic and paprika to a shallow baking dish or container and whisk well to combine.
- Add the chicken legs (trim any excess fat first) skin-side down and spoon some marinade over them. Cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high and once the grill is hot, add the chicken legs skin-side down.
- Grill for about 11 minutes per side, or until they've reached a golden brown with grill marks. Test the internal temperature to be sure it's 74 degrees Celsius (165 Fahrenheit) before removing from the grill.
- Let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes before enjoying (cover loosely with foil while resting).