These Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins are the perfect easy fall or winter dessert! An easy one-bowl pumpkin muffin batter with fresh cranberries, these cranberry muffins are moist and flavourful and topped with a dusting of powdered sugar!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Ok, I’m officially obsessed with fresh cranberries. Seriously – I am baking all the things these days and throwing in handfuls of fresh cranberries to all my favourite cakes and muffins. These Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins are my latest cranberry obsession and I’m so excited to be sharing them with you today!
If you’ve been a reader of mine for awhile you’ll know I love pumpkin almost as much as I love cranberries…I’ve shared SO many of my favourite pumpkin recipes with you in the past (like these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, this Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu, and these Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Muffins), but these Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins are my latest favourite way to enjoy my two favourite winter flavours.
Looking for a basic Banana Muffin Recipe? Try my BEST EVER BANANA MUFFINS
How to make perfect muffins
- Don’t overmix the batter! This is my TOP TIP for the perfect fluffy muffins! If you’re left with muffins that are closer in texture to hockey pucks, it’s almost certainly because you mixed the batter too vigorously and for too long. Be gentle with the batter once you add the dry ingredients and stir only until the flour just barely disappears. Use a wooden spoon and mix by hand to avoid over-mixing. Making muffins with a stand mixer or a hand mixer almost ALWAYS ensures you’ll over-mix, so making them by hand is the way to go!!
- Bake quickly! The leavening agent in muffins is usually baking powder (sometimes with baking soda), which acts quickly as soon as the liquid and dry ingredients come together. To get fluffy muffins with the nice dome shape on top, get them in the oven as fast as you can after mixing.
- Let them cool! No one likes a gummy muffin that’s underdone on the inside. Let the muffins cool until they’re almost room temperature before digging in, since they continue baking on the inside even after they’ve been removed from the oven.
- Add in your favourite things! Like chocolate chips? Throw in a handful (or three)! Nuts, dried fruit and chocolate make great add-ins to your favourite muffin recipes. Usually 3/4 cup of add-ins for a 12-muffin recipe is a good ration to follow.
LOOKING FOR MORE MUFFIN BAKING RECIPES AND TIPS?
Get my guide to Easy No-Fail Muffin Baking!
Looking for more delicious muffins? You’ll LOVE these Apple Carrot Ginger Muffins and these Best Ever Blueberry Streusel Muffins!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these muffins as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite muffin recipe? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN TOOLS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for even more delicious muffin recipes? Try these!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS PUMPKIN RECIPES, PLUS FALL BAKING TIPS AND TRICKS?
Get my Pumpkin Recipes E-Cookbook!
Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
- 1 can pureed pumpkin (15 ounce can) NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 orange, juice and zest
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare muffin tins by lining them with paper liners (24 muffins).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil and the orange juice and zest until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and spices and combine with a rubber spatula until no streaks of flour remain.
- Stir in the cranberries gently.
- Portion the batter into each of the 24 prepared muffin cups, distributing the batter evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack in their tins for about 10 minutes before removing them from their tins to cool completely.