This Zucchini Chocolate Cake is moist and delicious, easy to make, and packed with delicious chocolate flavour and fresh zucchini!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
This Zucchini Chocolate Cake is one of my family’s favourite dessert recipes I’ve enjoyed since childhood! We always had fresh zucchini from the garden and what better way to use it all up than in a chocolate cake!
The freshly grated zucchini in this Zucchini Chocolate Cake makes the cake SO moist and helps intensify the chocolate flavour. Trust me, you’re going to LOVE it!
No Fail Tips for the BEST Zucchini Chocolate Cake
Follow these tips for the perfect cake every single time!
- Use freshly grated zucchini. It is possible to use frozen grated zucchini in this cake (thaw and drain it well first!), but using fresh zucchini will give you the best results!
- Mix wet and dry ingredients separately. Mixing the wet ingredients together and the dry ingredients together and then combining them will give your cake the perfect texture since all the ingredients will be evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Grease your pan well, and line it with parchment paper. Grease your pan generously for easy removal. Some parchment paper on the bottom and sides of the pan will make slicing removing the cake SO easy!
- Bake immediately after mixing. The leavening agents are activated as soon as the wet and dry ingredients are mixed together so for a fluffy, tender and moist cake, bake it as soon as you can!
- Add some chocolate chips or chunks. The melty chocolate on the top of this cake instead of a heavy frosting is so divine!
- Let it cool before slicing or frosting. Cakes continue to bake on the inside after you remove them from the oven, so be sure to let the cake cool in its pan for about 15 minutes before removing it from the pan to cool completely before frosting or slicing.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this zucchini recipe as much as we do!
Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite easy dessert? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more cake recipes like this? You’ll LOVE these:
- Rhubarb Streusel Cake
- Easy One Bowl Bailey’s Irish Cream Chocolate Cake
- Best Ever Blueberry Ricotta Coffee Cake
- Best Ever Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream
- Best Ever Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Bean Frosting
- Easy Pumpkin Cranberry Cake
- Caramel Apple Streusel Cake
- Easy No Bake White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Zucchini Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 9-inch by 13-inch rectangular pan (or equivalent size) by greasing it and lining the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, buttermilk, and shredded zucchini with a whisk until well combined.
- To a separate bowl (or in the same bowl, on top of the wet ingredients), add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Mix together well with a spatula until combined and no streaks of flour remain.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan immediately and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan until cooled completely before slicing and serving.