Holiday sangria is the perfect drink for Thanksgiving and Christmas entertaining. Make this apple cider alcohol drink to serve to the adults and the non alcoholic cider for the non-drinkers!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
December is just around the corner and that means it’s time to start thinking about all that holiday entertaining you’re going to be doing! I hope you’ve been enjoying all the delicious holiday recipes I’ve been sharing here on The Busy Baker!
Today, I’ve got another one for you – a delicious holiday sangria! It’s a fruit-flavoured cocktail that you can make in minutes and it’s sure to wow all your holiday guests.
And the non alcoholic cider version is perfectly delicious for all your guests who don’t drink alcohol, including the kids!
How to make holiday sangria
Making this cocktail for your holiday gatherings is really easy, and with a few simple tips you’ll be well on your way to a crowd-pleasing drink that takes only minutes to prepare!
- Add your spices to the juice the night before. Adding your cinnamon sticks and star anise to the apple juice anywhere from 12 to 24 hours ahead of time will infuse them with just the right amount of holiday spice and you’ll be well on your way to a delicious cocktail!
- Right before serving, pour all the juice into your pitcher, along with the wine (or the ginger ale or white grape juice for the non-alcoholic version).
- Add some more cinnamon sticks, some star anise, some fresh cranberries, and apple slices for a nice holiday touch, and stir.
- Toss in some ice cubes, if you want, and serve in your favourite glasses or mason jars (or some cute paper cups, if that’s more your speed)!
Looking for more holiday drinks?
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this apple cider alcohol drink as much as we do!
Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite holiday drink for entertaining? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
Looking for holiday side dishes? You’ll LOVE these:
- Easy Crock Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Roasted Garlic Butter Carrots
- Apple Walnut Spinach Salad
- Roasted Beet Salad with Greens
- Maple Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Winter Berry Cocktail (Alcohol Free Version Included)
- Rosemary Dill Roasted Potatoes
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Holiday Sangria (with non-alcoholic cider option)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 4 cups apple juice (natural apple juice is best)
- 2 cups white wine (in place of white wine, add the same amount of white grape juice or white cranberry juice to make it alcohol free)
- 2 cups ginger ale (or ginger beer, for a spicy kick)
- sliced apples, sliced ginger, star anise, cinnamon sticks, and whole cranberries for garnish (optional)
- If desired, 24 hours before serving, add the cinnamon sticks and the star anise to the apple juice and store in the fridge.
- Before serving, combine the juice, wine, and ginger ale in a large pitcher and add sliced apples, sliced ginger, and whole fresh cranberries, along with a few extra star anise and cinnamon sticks.
- Stir well to combine and let sit in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Add ice, if desired.