This Holiday Sangria is the perfect drink to serve at any Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years gathering! Packed with fruit juice and holiday spice, make it with wine or alcohol-free!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
It’s almost November and pretty soon we’re all going to be in full-on holiday preparation mode. Preparing holiday-themed drinks for your gatherings with family and friends can be just one more added stress – and who needs that!?! Recipes like this easy Holiday Sangria can make your holiday hosting so much easier!
Sangria is traditionally a summer drink because it’s so fruity and fresh, but when it’s made with darker, deeper fruit flavours with added holiday spice it’s perfect for Christmas, New Years or even Thanksgiving. We love using cranberry juice, pomegranate juice, and fresh apple juice in this recipe for a more wintery flair!
And to ensure this Holiday Sangria is flavoured with delicious holiday spice, just add the cinnamon sticks and star anise to the juice 24 hours before you’ll serve the sangria. This will infuse the juice with the spices and make sure the flavour is perfect!
Looking for more holiday drinks? Try this Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cider, or this Sparkling Winter Berry Cocktail Recipe!
How to make Holiday Sangria
Making Holiday Sangria for your holiday gatherings is really easy, and with a few simple tips you’ll be well on your way to a crowd-pleasing drink that takes only minutes to prepare!
- Add your spices to the juice the night before. Adding your cinnamon sticks and star anise to the cranberry juice anywhere from 12 to 24 hours ahead of time will infuse them with just the right amount of holiday spice.
- Right before serving, pour all the juices into your pitcher, along with the wine (or the ginger ale or grape juice for the non-alcoholic version).
- Add some more cinnamon sticks, some star anise, some fresh cranberries, orange slices, and apple slices for a nice holiday touch, and stir.
- Toss in some ice cubes, if you want, and serve in your favourite glasses (or some cute paper cups, if that’s more your speed)!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Holiday Sangria recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite drink to enjoy during the holidays? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
Looking for holiday side dishes? You’ll LOVE these:
This Holiday Sangria is the best drink for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years! Packed with fruit juice & spice, make it with wine or alcohol-free!
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup apple juice (natural apple juice is best)
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- 3 cups red wine (in place of the wine, add either Ginger Ale OR Grape Juice to make this Holiday Sangria without Alcohol)
- sliced apples, oranges and whole cranberries for garnish
If desired, 24 hours before serving, add the cinnamon sticks and the star anise to the cranberry juice and store in the fridge.
Before serving, combine the juices and wine in a large pitcher and add sliced apples, sliced oranges, and whole fresh cranberries.
Stir well to combine and let sit in the fridge for about 15 minutes to one hour before serving.
In place of the wine, add either Ginger Ale OR Grape Juice to make this Holiday Sangria without Alcohol.