This Power Bowl Recipe is ultra nutritious, plant-based, and packed with delicious and fresh ingredients like cauliflower, sweet potatoes, chickpeas and kale. Ready in under 30 minutes and perfect for meal prep lunches or dinner!
Table of contents
Power Bowl Recipe
If there’s one thing we love around here, it’s a hearty and nourishing meal that’s as delicious as it is simple and easy to make. This Power Bowl recipe is one we keep coming back to again and again for a healthy lunch or dinner in a pinch – trust us, it’s unbelievably delicious and filling!
Healthy Meal Prep Tips
When you live a busy life it can be a real challenge to eat healthy meals. Recipes like this Power Bowl can be a lifesaver: we love to prepare all the components on the weekend, keep them in the fridge in meal prep containers, and assemble a bowl for a quick lunch to take to work or on a busy work-from-home day.
A sheet pan can be your best friend when it comes to prepping healthy meals in advance. Making a big batch of roasted veggies is such a good idea at the beginning of a busy week. If you’re not a fan of power bowls you can enjoy them as a healthy side dish to an easy-to-make protein, like our Air Fryer Salmon or Simple Oven Roasted Chicken Breasts.
Another idea is to cook on the weekend and double whatever recipe we’re making to enjoy as leftovers later in the week. A big batch of this Vegetable Stew or a double batch of this Eggplant Parmesan is a great option for freezing half to enjoy later. When your freezer is stocked with ready-made meals you’ve prepped in advance, making a healthy choice on a busy day is so much easier!
More Healthy Meal Prep Recipes
If you’re looking for some great ideas for meal prep, we’ve got you covered. In fact, we’ve created more than 11 weeks of meal plans designed for busy families who just want to get a healthy meal on the table after a long day without losing their sanity.
TRY OUR MEAL PLANS!
Let us do the work for you with 7 days of deliciously easy family dinners, grocery lists, meal prep guides and MORE!
Buy 2, save 20%!
Buy 3, save 30%!
Buy 4 or more, save 40%!
And if you’re looking for FREE resources on meal prep and easy meal ideas, check out our FREE guide to Easy Weeknight Meals! Sign up for free here:
Kitchen Items for Needed for This Recipe
To make these power bowls, you’ll need these kitchen items (affiliate links):
- a sharp knife for chopping veggies
- a sturdy cutting board
- a large sheet pan
- mixing bowls
- a silicone lifter
- a colander
- measuring cups and spoons
Ingredients for a Homemade Power Bowl
To make this power bowl recipe at home, you’ll need:
- cauliflower florets
- sweet potatoes
- canned chickpeas
- olive oil
- smoked paprika
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- a batch of our favourite Tahini Dressing
How to Make a Healthy Power Bowl
Time needed: 25 minutes.
Follow these steps for the best healthy power bowl!
- Season and roast the veggies and chickpeas together.
Save some dishes and add them all to a bowl with the seasonings and oil, toss well to coat, and roast them all on the same baking sheet.
- Massage the kale.
Adding a small amount of olive oil to the kale and massaging the oil into the leaves makes them nice and tender and takes away the bitter flavour.
- Prepare the dressing.
While the veggies and chickpeas are roasting, prepare the tahini dressing and set it aside.
- Toss the kale with the hot veggies to wilt.
The heat from the veggies will be enough to wilt the kale, so when you remove them from the oven, add the kale to the pan and toss well.
- Serve in bowls.
Divide everything evenly between 4 bowls and drizzle the tahini dressing over top of each bowl, then serve.
Is this power bowl recipe vegan?
Yes! All components of this recipe are plant-based.
Is this power bowl recipe gluten-free?
Yes! All components of this recipe are gluten-free.
Can I make this power bowl ahead of time?
Yes! Simply prepare the components and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days until ready to serve.
We hope you love this healthy recipe as much as we do! Let us know in the comments below, what’s your favourite plant-based recipe? We’d love to know!
HEALTHY WHOLE FOOD RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 6 cups sweet potatoes chopped into small 3/4 to 1-inch cubes
- 28 ounces canned chickpeas two 14-oz cans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups kale leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 tablespoons our favourite Tahini Dressing
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the cauliflower florets, chopped sweet potato and canned chickpeas to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the oil and seasoning to the bowl with the veggies and chickpeas and toss very well to coat.
- Pour the veggies and chickpeas onto the sheet pan and roast for 15-18 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- While the veggies are roasting, prepare the Tahini Dressing according to the recipe linked here.
- Massage the 1 tablespoon of oil into the kale leaves in bite-sized pieces and add them to the sheet pan immediately after removing the pan from the oven. Toss the kale leaves in the hot veggies so the kale leaves wilt.
- Divide everything between 4 bowls or meal prep containers. Top each bowl with 2 tablespoons of the Tahini dressing before enjoying.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.