This Zucchini Slice recipe is the perfect easy breakfast or lunch – part quiche and part pie, it’s packed with veggies, cheese, and savoury flavours!
I’m always looking for new ideas for simple make-ahead breakfasts and easy lunches and this Zucchini Slice is one of our favourites! It’s a cross between a quiche and a pie, it’s perfect for busy days and slow weekend brunches, and it’s a great way to use up all that garden fresh zucchini that’s so plentiful this time of year!
What I love most about this recipe is that it’s perfect for meal prep. It stores beautifully in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days, and it’s easy to reheat at school or work for a breakfast or lunch in a pinch. And it’s a great and tasty way to sneak in extra veggies – we enjoy it with a delicious salad on the side for a nice light & healthy meal!
Ingredients for Zucchini Slice
- Bisquik mix
- fresh zucchini
- cheddar cheese
- fresh parsley
- dried oregano
- garlic powder
- vegetable oil
How to Make Zucchini Slice
Time needed: 50 minutes
- Use Bisquik mix, or make your own.
This recipe calls for one cup of Bisquik mix (biscuit or pancake mix), but if you can’t find it in your area you can easily make this baking mix at home with basic ingredients (try this recipe – it’s the one I use to make my own Bisquick mix)
- Shred the zucchini.
Shredded fresh zucchini works best in this recipe, so grate it yourself at home.
- Don’t forget the spices.
Add some parsley, oregano and garlic powder for lots of delicious savoury flavour.
- Add some extra cheese.
Bake this zucchini slice with some extra cheddar cheese on top!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL IDEAS?
Get my Quick and Easy 4-Week Meal Plan Guide!
How long does the Zucchini Slice need to bake?
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden. brown and springs back to the touch.
Can the Zucchini Slice Pie be made ahead of time?
Yes! Store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. It is easy to reheat and enjoy.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite healthy breakfast or lunch recipe? I’d love to know!
Looking for more easy breakfast recipes? You’ll LOVE these!
- Easy Chocolate Almond Overnight Oats
- Mango Coconut Overnight Oats
- Apple, Ginger Carrot Muffins
- Best Ever Banana Muffins
- Healthy Buttermilk Pancakes
- Strawberry Banana Orange Power Smoothie
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- 1 pie dish (around 9-inch in diameter)
- 1 cup Bisquik mix
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (use fresh zucchini)
- 1 large onion diced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese reserve 1/4 cup for topping before baking
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped (or use 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9-inch pie dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the Bisquick mix, shredded zucchini, diced onion cheddar cheese (don't forget to reserve some for the end!), parsley, salt and pepper, oregano, and garlic powder, mixing well.
- Measure the oil into a liquid measuring cup and add the eggs, breaking them up with a fork and beating them lightly.
- Pour the oil and egg mixture into the bowl with the other ingredients and mix well until fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pie dish and smooth out the top.
- Add the remaining cheddar cheese over the top, and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and springs back to the touch.
- Let cool for 10 minutes or so before slicing and enjoying.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.