These Baked Zucchini Fritters are the perfect easy meal or snack made with fresh zucchini & cheese, and served with tzatziki – packed with flavour and a healthy choice!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Our garden is teeming with gorgeous and fresh zucchini and for me that means I get to enjoy these Baked Zucchini Fritters on repeat for the next few weeks! They are SO tasty, super easy to make, and they’re a great lunch or side dish with a dollop of homemade tzatziki sauce (get my easy homemade tzatziki recipe here!). If you’ve got a garden full of zucchini and you’re not sure what to do with it, you’ve GOT to try these Baked Zucchini Fritters!!
Ingredients for Baked Zucchini Fritters
- freshly grated zucchini
- shredded cheese
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- Tzatziki sauce for serving (optional)
How to Make Baked Zucchini Fritters
- Start with freshly grated zucchini. Avoid using frozen shredded zucchini – the fritters will be so much easier to mix with fresh zucchini, and they won’t be so wet and soggy.
- Add some cheese. Cheese helps keep the fritters together AND it adds a delicious flavour and texture as it crisps up in the oven!
- Add some breadcrumbs. A little bit of breadcrumbs helps absorb any excess liquid, creating the perfect texture!
- Add some eggs. Eggs help these fritters stay together, and they add some protein!
- Don’t forget the flavour! Adding some spices and herbs are a great way to help these fritters taste great!
- Bake to perfection! Bake for only about 20-25 minutes until golden brown!
- Serve with tzatziki. What could be better than tzatziki with these deliciously savoury fritters!?
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
Looking for more recipes like this? You’ll LOVE these Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to use up all that garden zucchini? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for even more delicious meal ideas like this one? Try these!
- Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- One Pot Creamy Enchilada Pasta
- Easy Honey Garlic Shrimp
- One Pan Sesame Orange Chicken
- Skillet Pesto Caprese Stuffed Chicken
- Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes
LOOKING FOR MORE KID-APPROVED MEALS?
Get my 1-Week Kid-Friendly Meal Plan for busy families!
Baked Zucchini Fritters
- 5 cups shredded zucchini use only fresh zucchini for this recipe
- 1 cup shredded cheese (a mix of cheddar and mozzarella works great)
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg (or use 2 small or medium eggs)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon, spatula, or your hands until well blended. Because different sized eggs contain more or less moisture, feel free to add another small egg or another 1-2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs to achieve the correct texture (until the mixture sticks together, but isn't too sticky or wet).
- Portion out the mixture using an ice cream scoop or your hands so you have about 12 or 14 equally-sized fritters (form them like a hamburger patty).
- Place the fritters on the prepared baking sheets and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the fritters are cooked through.
- Remove from the baking sheet and serve immediately with a dollop of tzatziki sauce.