This Christmas punch is the perfect drink to serve at any holiday gathering! Packed with fruit flavour and spice, make it with wine, champagne, or alcohol-free!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
There’s something so special about a punch recipe that’s reserved for special occasions like the holiday season.
This Christmas Punch recipe is a twist on a classic family party punch recipe. It brings back such fond memories of holiday seasons filled with family and friends.
It’s as delicious as it is gorgeous, and it makes a fantastic addition to any holiday brunch or dinner!
This Christmas Punch recipe is made with 5 different kinds of fruit juice, and it can be made with alcohol for the adults or without alcohol for the kids and anyone who doesn’t drink alcohol – simply use your favourite sparkling wine or champagne for the alcoholic version and either ginger ale or ginger beer (non-alcoholic) for the version without alcohol.
Even though that was over 20 years ago, if I close my eyes I can still remember the smells and tastes of those Christmas mornings when I was a child.
Tips for Making Christmas Punch
This Christmas Punch recipe is really easy, and with a few simple tips you’ll be well on your way to a crowd-pleasing punch that takes only minutes to prepare!
- Add your spices to the juice the night before. Adding your cinnamon sticks, some cloves and star anise to the cranberry juice anywhere from 12 to 24 hours ahead of time will infuse them with just the right amount of Christmas spice.
- Right before serving, pour all the juices into your pitcher or punch bowl, along with the wine or champagne, or the ginger ale (for the non-alcoholic version).
- Add some more cinnamon sticks, some star anise, some fresh cranberries, orange slices, and pomegranate arils for a nice holiday touch.
- Toss in some ice cubes, if you want, and serve in punch glasses or stemless wine glasses (or paper cups, if that’s more your speed)!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Christmas champagne punch as much as we do!
Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite drink to serve at holiday gatherings? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
Looking for holiday side dishes? You’ll LOVE these:
- Easy Crock Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Roasted Garlic Butter Carrots
- Apple Walnut Spinach Salad
- Roasted Beet Salad with Greens
- Maple Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Winter Berry Cocktail (Alcohol Free Version Included)
- Rosemary Dill Roasted Potatoes
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Best Ever Christmas Punch
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- a few whole cloves (optional)
- 2 star anise
- 4 cups cranberry juice OR 2 cups cranberry juice and 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2-3 cups champagne OR ginger ale (use your favourite sparkling wine instead, or try non-alcoholic ginger beer for a spicier version)
- orange slices, cinnamon sticks, cranberries, pomegranate arils, and star anise for garnish
- ice (optional)
- The day before you'll be making the punch, open the lid to the apple juice container and place the cinnamon sticks, star anise and cloves inside. Replace the lid and put the apple juice in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, add the apple juice to a pitcher or punch bowl along with the cranberry juice, the pineapple juice, and orange juice..
- Add the champagne or sparkling wine, if making an alcoholic version. If making a non-alcoholic version, add the ginger ale or ginger beer.
- Stir well to combine and add the orange slices, cinnamon sticks, cranberries, pomegranate arils, and star anise to the pitcher or punch bowl for garnish.
- Add some ice (optional) and serve.